Thanks everyone.

@CaptainKindling - I wasn't in on the kickstarter, but was lucky enough to get her at Salute. I didn't even know what I was buying, just that it was one of the few resin models available.

@sn0lan - I can't paint large areas of metal, so thought the hardened leather look would be ok. It turned out quite nice.

@dafruk - I found strong colours work really well with these miniatures. The photo I took doesn't do justice to how well Blackheart and Decimate turned out, but it flatters Avarice and Greed who look a lot worse in the flesh.

These look good - I like the colours on the Union team - was going to try and go away from black/red myself so seeing yours is good inspiration.

Good to see more good ideas for Union schemes - still not sure what colors to use myself but lots of inspiration floating around.

A little daft idea I had. The Mob Association Football logo!

(now where did all my photobucket pictures go?)

MobAssociationFootball_zpsib7l3gls.jpg

Cleaned it up a little too.

snakeskin3_zps92qcdmp2.jpg

Hammer%20Guildball%20Masons_zps1vwi8cxk.

Some models sit on your painting table for weeks, months (I'm looking at you half painted Hunters and Alchemists). Others barely have time for front door to get closed on the postman before they're being ripped out of the packet and glued together.

It may be that I'm very fond of my Union scheme, while the others are not so strong. So here's Brisket!

The color scheme of your Union is indeed really nice ! 

Love the purple and the beige together :) 

You could add a little more life to her face and she'll be perfect.

Things I should have been doing last week = Preparing my kit before deployment and spending last moments with family.

What I actually did last week = Painted some Butchers.

Life is all about priorities.

Not my best work but not too bad either.

My first update in nearly a year. Nothing special, just some bits and pieces.

First, I managed to finish off my first three teams. Every single character with a miniature. Huzzah! Some of the models turned out pretty good (Hammer, vBrisket, Benediction) while others turned out a bit meh (Granite, Shank). I'm fairly happy with how the teams turned out as a whole.

a0XHw2m.jpg

eV0EJDl.jpg

XXIhZ15.jpg

Then we have team number four, and here's where things start to go askew. I had a plan for my Alchemists of a murky colour scheme with explosive highlights. The image I had in my head was to try to replicate the skaven look, dirty and grim with contrasting brightness of warpstone. In the end it just turned out looking drab. My first team that I'm disappointed with.

GhJFZlH.jpg

Hey ho, can't win them all. On to my nemesis... the Hunters! (except they are causing their own problems. More on that at a later date)

So I bought my first box of Hunters in November 16. It's now March 18 and I finally got the bloody buggers done - no more proxies for the younger brother! After managing to make the alchemists more drab than a goth funeral, I decided to try and perk up my painting. I still can't decide whether I like the result or not.

ehnu6eP.jpg

I've bought Fish for my next team and I think I'll paint them up in classic colours, just to get my mojo back.

I like them. They have a very hunter-y vibe going on with those colors so I'd say you quite nailed it with them. 

Two fish in a tank. One says to the other "How the hell do you drive this thing?"

Thank you, thank you. 

Yes, the slowest painter in NATO returns with the fish that have been on my table for three months. I quite like them, however this was the first time I've used spray varnish and I'm not terribly convinced. Think I'm going to go back to brush varnishing in future. This is going to be my last painting effort for a while. In fact the last physical hobby thing I'll be doing for a while. (bloody job!) Off to finally learn how vassal works.

89PSyjB.jpg