I've just finished painting up my final Union model - Gutter - so figured it was about time to put up a picture of my little purple and red quartet.  It may be 2:30am on a work night, but I'm sure not going to let rationality get in the way of hobby!

Originally I wasn't too fussed about the Union, but when I did a 2 team pledge with the Kickstarter it bagged me a pair of free models, so I went with Gutter and Mist, giving me a compatible player for my Fishermen and Masons respectively.  At the Expo I then picked up Snakeskin and Decimate, so at this point I'm just Coin and Blackheart away from having a full team, so I may as well go with it!

So here we are, Decimate, Mist, Gutter and Snakeskin, all finished and ready for action.  I haven't lavished these guys with the same time as the Fishermen, but am happy with them overall.  My only major issue with them is that I completely messed up the skin on Snakeskin, but on the tabletop she's such a dynamic model that the attention doesn't really fall there.

CG8N1-UXIAA_lqh.jpg

Niiiice dark red, this works very smoothly with the dark purple/blackish of the rest of the clothes.

The weapons are a little bit to bloody for me, maybe you can fade out this blood red with some brownish/redish washes....

But as with all my feedback to the painting cabinet: Its just my personal taste  ;)

Thanks muchly, and fair enough on the critique :) These are actually the only guys in my GB collection who I've given bloody weapons to.  I wanted them to look a bit more dangerous than my Guild teams, and went for brighter reds to make it look fresh rather than old dried blood.

It doesn't show so well on the photo, but I used Citadel's Blood For The Blood God technical paint, so it's got a nice glossy, freshly-stabbed look in person :)