Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Silversmith

Team setup in formations

Curious as to whether anyone's lineup has changed using the formations rules.  Does Locus make the team now since he can start at midfield?  Where does everyone deploy?  I can't play for two more weeks so throw me a bone here.

I played against Engineers using formations the other day.  He put Locus on the mid line when receiving and it worked alright.  He put vVelocity on his goal line but it probably should have been compound.

I still don't see Locus making the pitch, personally. Having played a couple games with him I think his speed isn't his only problem, it's his influence inefficiency. He demands two influence and I would just generally rather put that influence somewhere else. This only compounds the problem because he does even less on zero influence than most players. Comically, he's the only GB miniature that I own and I love everything about his model, I just don't think his rules are enough to get him on the pitch, even starting midfield.

At least he can do a momKD (or kd + dmg) for a overclocked charge when on 0 inf. Better than some other mechanica. It depends a lot ofc on your actual team, which mechanica you field and how many etc. Since Colossus also has that option.

I've had Velocity push Seenah off the pitch with a well-timed charge.  >><< x2 with all hits on KD 2+ DEF Seenah.

I agree he is inefficient but you don't see putting him on the center line with 3 to KD and Destructive Impulse or RC kick?

I use Locus in about 50% of my games recently and he works very well IMO. I haven't played with formations so far, but I don't think it invalidates him in any way.

I prefer Pin Vice over Ballista and Hoist, Ratchet and Mother are my auto-picks. I very rarely pick Harry, so my flex slots go to Locus, Colossus, Compound or oVelocity depending on the opponent.