Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Larhendiel

Hunters have too many 2" melee zones

Its outrageous that we have whooping 3 models with 2" melee range and that we can take 2 of them in a team!

to put things in perspective:

Alchemists have access only to a puny 6 models only with reach
Brewers access to 5 2" melee models
Butchers access to 6 such models
Engineers 4 models
Farmers access to 6 models (one of them is a captain with 3 inch melee when he activates)
Fish only 10 models with 2" melees
Masons as well as us have access to 3 such models, but unlike us they can field all 3 of them (and one has a 3" melee when he activates)
Morticians access to 4 such models
The Union access only to 5 such models

I hope we'll see a third expansion where we hopefully get 3 more extended melee zone models.
I know someone has to get the least amount of 2" melees but, why us? :(

Just now, JS said:

Heresy

Pick your response

1.)
I think you got the wrong game, but what do I know, I'm just a filthy heretic.

2.)
We deny the light of Solthecius, we are all heretics!

28 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Memes can only go so far

I don't even know what that means. My point is that every guild has something that the others don't. Hunters have little 2" melee, I understand that, but then they seem to be designed to be slightly below the curve. If that's not acceptable to you then maybe it's time to try another guild.

When I was planning to buy hunters, I saw Theron and Egret with bow as well as Chaska with his shotgun, I thought it'll be a team that likes to shoot enemies from afar, but.... it doesn't work as well as I would hope and I end up with the likes of Minx, Fahad or Ulfr stranded by 2'' melees.

My dream come true would be a 3"/2" model on a 50 mm base with gluttonous mass and :KD: on a 1st kolumn ^^

4 hours ago, Larhendiel said:

When I was planning to buy hunters, I saw Theron and Egret with bow as well as Chaska with his shotgun, I thought it'll be a team that likes to shoot enemies from afar, but.... it doesn't work as well as I would hope and I end up with the likes of Minx, Fahad or Ulfr stranded by 2'' melees.

My dream come true would be a 3"/2" model on a 50 mm base with gluttonous mass and :KD: on a 1st kolumn ^^

I've only played 10 or so games as the Hunters but I continually fall into the trap of spending all my inf on the Character plays.

It appears like it's a good choice early game, spread some snared around and chip a little damage off, the problem is the opponent is scoring points during this time.

I'm determined to figure them out though.

23 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

I've only played 10 or so games as the Hunters but I continually fall into the trap of spending all my inf on the Character plays.

It appears like it's a good choice early game, spread some snared around and chip a little damage off, the problem is the opponent is scoring points during this time.

I'm determined to figure them out though.

That Is the True Hunters Trap! lol

I do think that if the low access to 2" melee is because we have range offence instead then Theron should have been given mommentus inspiration to bring him in line with the other range support captains 

On 15/07/2017 at 9:03 AM, JacctheInsomniac said:

We deny the light of Solthecius, we are all heretics!

The disparity between the Sun Father and Solthecius isn't as great as you'd think...

13 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

The disparity between the Sun Father and Solthecius isn't as great as you'd think...

Now there's a question... Is it still heresy if the man that wrote the bible says it? :P

57 minutes ago, Mako said:

Now there's a question... Is it still heresy if the man that wrote the bible says it? :P

Pretty sure that just makes it double heresy.

Solthesius and the Sun Father are both sun gods and I wouldn't be surprised if they were both derived from the same protodeity, but it's hard to overlook how much more tolerant of other deities the Sun Father is than Solthesius.

They also both give out character plays for free, so that's at least two things in common.

36 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Pretty sure that just makes it double heresy.

Solthesius and the Sun Father are both sun gods and I wouldn't be surprised if they were both derived from the same protodeity, but it's hard to overlook how much more tolerant of other deities the Sun Father is than Solthesius.

They also both give out character plays for free, so that's at least two things in common.

Bingo! That Is what we got told at one of the Talk at SteamCon by Sherwin (:

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:48 AM, Larhendiel said:

Its outrageous that we have whooping 3 models with 2" melee range and that we can take 2 of them in a team!
Masons as well as us have access to 3 such models, but unlike us they can field all 3 of them (and one has a 3" melee when he activates)

I hope we'll see a third expansion where we hopefully get 3 more extended melee zone models.
I know someone has to get the least amount of 2" melees but, why us? :(

You should try looking at models with Ranged character plays, and then you will truly fee sorry for the poor masons, joint lowest 2" ml and no way to do anything to the enemy without engaging. At least almost all the hunters can do something from 2" away if they have influence. (Violin music fades)

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Lumpyseven said:

Hunters are a thinking Guild, we don't need those easy 2" melees :) 

Putting it mild

Putting my mind into a game using Hunters leaves me coming out of it like I've done a weeks worth of work in an hour lol

Its why it's a bit frustrating when after that ordeal you've been kneecapped at a 12-0 loss. Still love them though

As for the number of 2" melee. I've not found it that much of a bother. Biggest bother I've had is just dodges, Jeacar getting in there then after the first counter attack hes left sitting there with INF scratching his head.

17 hours ago, WhiteYin said:

Putting it mild

Putting my mind into a game using Hunters leaves me coming out of it like I've done a weeks worth of work in an hour lol

Its why it's a bit frustrating when after that ordeal you've been kneecapped at a 12-0 loss. Still love them though

As for the number of 2" melee. I've not found it that much of a bother. Biggest bother I've had is just dodges, Jeacar getting in there then after the first counter attack hes left sitting there with INF scratching his head.

@WhiteYin Haha I know the feels - no casual games for us!