Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
D S SIRIUS

Fixing bendy miniatures permanently

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the bendy parts on Ornstein and Smough? Specifically it's the end of Ornstein's spear drooping down and the hammer head on Smough's hammer curving.

I did the hot water trick which looked good to begin with. Came back the next day and lo and behold Smough was once again wielding his droopy hammer with pride.

Just interested if anyone was able to sort this more permanently. 

That's kind of unusual, normally if you've gotten the plastic hot enough and held it to cool fully it remembers the new shape. Do you live in a hot/humid area?

Maybe give it another go with slightly hotter water, dunking it for longer, and holding it until it's really cooled off.

If that doesn't work, then the next simplest thing is to cut and drill the haft away and use a hard plastic or metal rod. That's not the easiest task in the world though, so it's worth another shot at the hot water first for sure!

Well I live in the sunny UK :D 

but to be fair, we've been having a bit of a heat wave here recently. 

I'll give the hot water another try to be fair. Maybe I just didn't heat it up hot enough. 

Boiling water is more successful at effecting permanent changes (and also more dangerous to you and your minis). If you're keeping the minis in the original vac-formed plastic you will find that this pushes Ormstein's spear tail out of shape again regardless though. Mine just didn't quite fit. 

7 minutes ago, D S SIRIUS said:

Well I live in the sunny UK :D 

but to be fair, we've been having a bit of a heat wave here recently. 

I'll give the hot water another try to be fair. Maybe I just didn't heat it up hot enough. 

Yeah, even this recent weather shouldn't be re-flopping your pointy bits! :D

I tend to boil the kettle, fill a little bowl, carry it to my painting area, then work with it. It's not fully boiling by then as it's had a minute to cool and to warm the bowl up, but it's still pretty hot and that seems to be plenty in my experience. 

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Yeah, even this recent weather shouldn't be re-flopping your pointy bits! :D

And this is officially the best thread on the forum xD