Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Steamforged

PITCH FORMATIONS THEORY THREAD

137 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, EpicChris said:

I would like to see clarification on ball interception though - if the ball is intercepted by a receiver player does that mean they can put it on any model? (RAW they could but RAI I don't think is intended)

@TheLieutenant just clarified this one in the other thread - a receiving model intercepting or snapping the ball from their deployment position doesn't count as being within the kickers half effectively, so no transferring it about :) 

Granite bothers me too - miss tarpit 2017 getting to start engaged with my poor morticians is not how I want games to go!

2 hours ago, Mako said:

@TheLieutenant just clarified this one in the other thread - a receiving model intercepting or snapping the ball from their deployment position doesn't count as being within the kickers half effectively, so no transferring it about :) 

Granite bothers me too - miss tarpit 2017 getting to start engaged with my poor morticians is not how I want games to go!

But I'd be willing to bet more people will play her now.

25 minutes ago, Silversmith said:

But I'd be willing to bet more people will play her now.

I never understood the dislike for her, my usual opponent likes her and if I'm not really careful she ties down half my team and they can't get loose before they're beaten to death! :D

11 minutes ago, Mako said:

I never understood the dislike for her, my usual opponent likes her and if I'm not really careful she ties down half my team and they can't get loose before they're beaten to death! :D

That's pretty much what I've found as well.  All the Masons players complain she's rubbish, but when I play against her she's an enormous pain for me.

So Granite deploys on the line, Masons kick off and she grabs the ball. Seems strong. 

I think it pushes one of my many loves of the new format: playing with previously benched models. Granite under standard deployment is a mass liability as after her kick-off and move, she struggles with threat ranges (in my experience). Under the new system you can put her in your opponent's face and now they HAVE to deal with her. Which seems how she was intended.

I love that people are reaching for different models from their cases now, as the +8" MOV buff (essentially) turns a lot of poor models into stars (hello Fangtooth!).

Update on the blog:

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/pitch-formations-feedback-update

The most glaring problem in theory is a Mortician receiving while having B&M and A&G on the centre line. That's a whole lot of space they are denying and could be a danger of repeating A&G's season 1 problem when they were taken not because of they were good players but because of the strategic advantage of having an extra player, no matter how good they are. My suggestion would be to have Greede and Memory deploy after the rest of both teams have deployed, this eliminates the advantage of the extra player.

Maybe add a rule that you can't place an "additional" model on a line with more than 2? That lets you have an extra model forward without letting you potentially get 24+" of coverage.

Proposal that fixes some of these issues: instead of the 2 up players being on the line, those players deploy within 2" of the line.