Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
MechMage

Directly Away From a Template

It was recently ruled that Snow's Oh Ball does not allow him to advance further than the edge of the ball marker because once he touches it his distance from it is 0 and therefore further movement can not be towards the ball marker.

How does this ruling affect Staves's Lob Barrel?  If the center of the template is over a model's base, movement in any direction keeps the distance from the model to the center of the template at 0 and is therefore not movement away.  This would suggest that a model under the center of the template can not be moved by the push.  Is this correct?

6 minutes ago, FearLord said:

it's in the collected clarifications thread that centring on a model allows you to pick the direction of the push.

I suppose I just trying to figure out the relevant difference between Lob Barrel and Oh Ball that causes them to behave differently.

I would guess that it is as simple as towards ends when you reach it, away still applies when you're touching it.

3 hours ago, MechMage said:

I suppose I just trying to figure out the relevant difference between Lob Barrel and Oh Ball that causes them to behave differently.

Lob barrel instructs us to push models directly away from the center of the AOE, not directly away from the AOE.

How is distance measured from the center of the AoE: edge to point as I had assumed or some other way?  Does the movement of the model before it's edge passes the center increase that distance?  If no one else is confused I won't belabor the point and let this thread be locked.

I think the intent on calling out the center of the AOE is to define the line of movement.  A line is defined as 2 points, so point 1 is the center of the AOE and point 2 is the center of the models base.  Extend the line out from the center of the AOE and you can push the model up to 4" down that line away from the center of the AOE.  With this frame of reference, you have a line defined and the direction at which to push the mode down the line.

It is a little weird in that most measurements are from edges, but I think it's clear how it works in practical terms.

Locking the thread as the question in OP has been answered.