Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
The_Question_NL

Obulus playing too careful?

Hi,

A quick question about how people use Obulus.
I think that I am being too carefull with him at times he usually is slating at the back and using PM and other skills.
I've never really used Obulus to get a first of 2nd goal etc only for a third goal/last take-out/push off the board.

How do you guys see his role?

Cheers,

Jeroen.

With start of S3 I played him more defensive first, and the results were bad. When I started to play him more aggressive, it got much better. I had to accepted the fact, that most of the time I will only have dodge results out of the playbook. But I still fear everytime the 2d6 or 3d6 goal shot to miss even with tap in... ;)

He is a captain and not that easy to kill. UM and 2" reach are great defensive abilities.

With big guy support - Ghast or Casket he's even harder to get to.

Up front and personal he threatens most of the board with PM.

IMO he belongs fairly front and centre where he can survive quite well, give your opponents the most headaches and help them waste their own clock time!

I play a gamestyle I call "agressive defense". I always play defensive in a "war of attrition" style and wear my opponents down with him, both on the table HP wise and mentally. He stays back, and is stacked with 5 or 6, until his time has come and he shoots forward to make the game. Though I roll so bad, I usually have an excellent and unexpected turn never seen before, and then statistics fuck me over. :D 

I also find myself using him more often to make enemy models attack other enemy models. But then again, statistics fuck me over so hard, that I will be punished with a counter goal. Unpleasant. I made Avarisse attack Greede with frickin Bonus time, and couldnt get 2 successes for the double push. Boom. A&G Goal. God damnit. xD

But yeah, I try to play him defensive and slippery while always stalling his activation on my side of the pitch.