Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Isante

So quiet here..

31 posts in this topic

NEGATIVE PLAY EXPERIENCE

That should light up the forum.

In all seriousness, 8th ed is a better guess than any I have.  May just be a lull in new releases.

8th ed from what I have seen will be the biggest 40k edition yet. It's just exploded everywhere I can see. 

The lull in actual new models has gotta be it, imo. No new models between May and August except for Lucky, who isn't tournament legal and we don't even know if he has rules(?)... Tough look to find stuff to talk about.

6 minutes ago, MechMage said:

NEGATIVE PLAY EXPERIENCE

That should light up the forum.

I have definitively determined that scoring is both too good and not good enough, anyone who doesn't play Midas hates fun AND should git gud, and the only real NPE is playing against @Isante, any other opinions are just baseless whining. 

12 minutes ago, Slothrop said:

No new models between May and August except for Lucky, who isn't tournament legal and we don't even know if he has rules(?)... 

He has rules.

29501-large.jpg

8 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

He has rules.

Ah, so he does! My bad. Still not tons exciting though unless he becomes tournament legal and is sold alone. 

I hadn't even heard about 8th edition so that's not it for me. Kids are both out of school for the summer though so less time to give to the hobby. Lack of new models to discuss keeps things quiet for me as well. 

Still loving the game though. 

For me, all my spare time is going into a local production of Guys and Dolls.  I haven't been able to play for two weeks and I'm starting to get DTs.

I blame the summer... it's hard to have any enthusiasm when you're sweaty and overheated!

Maybe it's a good time for another little contest?

At the moment I have gone back to my Morticians to try and make them be compliant in what I want them to do - they are currently wilfully disobedient.

Not much in terms of big tournaments from what I can tell, combined with just blacksmiths incoming, placed on the top rack at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After cooling it will be iced with the next world is burning thread. 

Been too busy at work to come on here much (or play :( ), but there's a wee GB tournament at Element Games this weekend that a few of us from SF are hitting.

I know Perkins, Giblin, and me are going down at least, anyone else coming down? 

24 minutes ago, TheLieutenant said:

Been too busy at work to come on here much (or play :( ), but there's a wee GB tournament at Element Games this weekend that a few of us from SF are hitting.

I know Perkins, Giblin, and me are going down at least, anyone else coming down? 

EG is a long away, away from me :( Plus it's Bunker Ball near Chelmsford instead :D

Nobody seems that interested in playing around here, I really should find some new people to play against.

@TheLieutenant I've looked at it a couple of times, but I want to play with my toys. Plus I like the face-to-face social side of the game, I've met lots of great people at the tournaments I've been to.

Oh aye, I don't think anyone'd tell you that playing the game in person isn't better. But if it's a choice between not playing at all or playing on Vassal, I'd at least be considering Vassal. :) 

1 hour ago, ningu said:

EG is a long away, away from me :(

Some of us flew 5000 miles to attend a tournament at EG.  You're just not committed.

50 minutes ago, Silversmith said:

I read this and had to do a double take.

I've never heard of an erotic miniatures game.  I think you've discovered a totally untapped market.

1 hour ago, MechMage said:

I've never heard of an erotic miniatures game.  I think you've discovered a totally untapped market.

Clearly you've missed some of the treemen models from Age of Sigmar and some of the Dark Eldar or Slaanesh models from 40k.  

@Isante I feel like it's kinda quiet locally too.  Not a lot of stuff on the FB page and not a lot of people looking for games. I think some it's summer, some of it's 40k.  As far as these forums, some of it's the FB group which seems to have more energy.  It's devolving into a circle jerk though.

Things will probably spark a bit more when the Farmers are out. Until then, faction discussion just hops around a bit between Fish/Alchs OP and then speculation on Hunters.  It's all been pretty well discussed.

Ironic that this thread is getting so many responses!

I notice that GB forums are quiet compared to other forums most of the time anyway.

Is there much guild ball action in firestorm games ..? 

5 hours ago, Bertmac said:

Tourney in Firestorm games in Cardiff this Sunday too!

Is there much guild ball action around firestorm games ?