Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Steamforged

Blacksmith Guild - Anvil and Guild Special Rule

It's cool the SF are playing with the guild compositions! I'm actually quite excited for this guild now. :D

I'll admit to being sad there's no small furry animal, but yeah... happy times in terms of team composition!

Only Master and Apprentice models may be picked.

Does that mean that the Blacksmiths will not have any Union models available to them or will we possibly see a Union model with the Master or Apprentice trait?

At this point, I think the Blacksmiths will be a low INF team to balance out their defensive and offensive capabilities and not being able to pull a Union model as an INF battery would help limit their total available INF.

Pumped for them! I like me some defensive lineups.

Could I get them early for playtesting? :D 

Can one of the apprentices be an animal? The Hunters got a bear!

Theirs could be a horse, an owl or an elephant. A Raven would be OK but there is a crow in the Morts.

No animal would NOT be good.

I agree that no union is good.

10 hours ago, The Old Buzzard said:

Theirs could be a horse, an owl or an elephant. A Raven would be OK but there is a crow in the Morts.

I agree that no union is good.

It doesn't look like the 'Smiths are getting a Mascot, so I doubt they'll get an animal, even if the Hunters did.

3 hours ago, ningu said:

It doesn't look like the 'Smiths are getting a Mascot, so I doubt they'll get an animal, even if the Hunters did.

I was trying to imagine some credible stats for an elephant. It didn't work. Just turned into a fantasy monster. :wacko:

On 8.7.2017 at 11:07 AM, LinChaiMing said:

No union is good

Would be perfect for painting a unique paint scheme. Doesn't have to fit to current finished union players. ;)

On 11.7.2017 at 2:09 PM, TanE said:

Would be perfect for painting a unique paint scheme. Doesn't have to fit to current finished union players. ;)

My two Rages, two A&G and two Harry the Hats (each one Solethcian, one Brewer) don't understand what you mean...

How does the lack of Captain/Mascot work with the OP document. Must they declare their Captain and apprentice at the same time as the opponent declares their Captain/Mascot? If not that gives them a massive advantage on the draft as they can declare two players after the opponent has finished drafting their six?!?

@Noodles That's still not been announced. You'll have to wait and see ;)

I suspect you'll have to declare a Captain and an Apprentice during that phase

On 09/07/2017 at 10:04 PM, The Old Buzzard said:

Isn't there a campaign somewhere for an apprentice pony? I'd like a shire horse ... could be nicely decorated with horse brasses and of course some freshly-smithed horse-shoes.

22 hours ago, Noodles said:

How does the lack of Captain/Mascot work with the OP document. Must they declare their Captain and apprentice at the same time as the opponent declares their Captain/Mascot? If not that gives them a massive advantage on the draft as they can declare two players after the opponent has finished drafting their six?!?

They will be releasing a new OPD to Include the Blacksmith roster setup, my guess Is you Just have to pick your Captain first and a Mascot If your Guild has them, then the other players as normal.

The Blog post introducing team construction says...

We will be making a small update to our Organised Play documents in order to account for Blacksmith’s Guild team selection. In tournament play, when coaches reveal their Captain & Mascot, a Blacksmiths Guild coach will instead reveal a Master Blacksmith and an Apprentice Blacksmith, the revealed Master Blacksmith becomes the team’s Captain for that match.