Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Scholar's Guild Forum Challenge   06/26/2017

There's a new contest running through July, to write a 1000 word short story about a rookie For more details, head to the Tales of Infamy section down below. Happy writings!  

Greetings people of the Forum! My new Guild Ball YouTube Series continues. This is Guild Ball Gotchas!

Welcome to the second episode of Guild Ball Gotchas where I go through the biggest surprises and powerful combinations in Guild Ball and walk you through how to play around them. This episode we are covering The Pat Cat.

Special thanks go out to Pat VanValue, Zachary Poulos, and Alex Botts for assisting with this video.
The GBG Logo was designed by Dano Amonette. His Instgram is https://www.instagram.com/deadpoolxanko/?hl=en
Game was filmed at Grognard Games in Hoffman Estates. Their Website can be found here: http://grognardgames.com/
The Dice Math was done by RedSam and his Dice Math App can be found at http://redsam.xyz/guildball/dicemath/
Follow me on Twitter: @TheCurkov https://mobile.twitter.com/thecurkov

Great production value like always, pieces on the board really helped.

I appreciate the rhyme, but I wonder if the Scum Missile or some equivalent isn't a better (or more common name) for the play?

At the risk of being compared to Galileo, I'd prefer game jargon not to revolve around one meta. It might be hard to see from where you are standing, but I do have proof that the Guild Ball world doesn't orbit Chicago alone. ;)

Yeah the jargon is probably the scum missile, but we already have the more common flint missile, chisel missile, and mallet missile. Not everything that goes far can be a missile people! And since most of the others apply to Superior Strategy I thought that steering this into a new name was ideal.

I went with Pat Cat because it's a tiny thank you to Pat for all the help he gave me with the episode, I'm outing some of the secret tech for his favorite faction, and pat is a verb so in time it might divorce itself of its VanValue connection.

In the past the internet has rather forcefully told me that I'm not allowed to nickname things (see Katie and Joe) so we will see if it sticks.

Thanks for the constructive criticism it really does help improve these videos.

Slothrop likes this

18 minutes ago, MechMage said:

That sounds like just the sort of inocuous comment to launch Missilegate.

The Pundits will be appointing a special counsel from the Lawyer's Guild to get to the bottom of this.  

Chill84, Slothrop, Arkin and 1 other like this

41 minutes ago, rozyncrantz said:

The Pundits will be appointing a special counsel from the Lawyer's Guild to get to the bottom of this.  

hope the counsel will confirm that I am not personally under investigation regarding Missilegate. 

These Guildball gotcha videos are awesome!

As a fairly inexperienced player, these tips help make my play experience much more positive. Even if I don't remember the finer details, I am aware of the plays and don't walk straight into them.... as much.

Thank you for taking the time to make these.

Chill84 and TheCurkov like this

13 hours ago, burroboskov said:

I appreciate the rhyme, but I wonder if the Scum Missile or some equivalent isn't a better (or more common name) for the play?

At the risk of being compared to Galileo, I'd prefer game jargon not to revolve around one meta. It might be hard to see from where you are standing, but I do have proof that the Guild Ball world doesn't orbit Chicago alone. ;)

The guy is from Chicago and he made a video for you, he can call it whatever he wants.  He's not a Steamforged employee making canonical changes to guild ball.  Dumb af.

And with that, we cross the line from banter to rudeness. Not acceptable, and there's only going to be one warning.

The Old Buzzard likes this

14 hours ago, burroboskov said:

Hrmm... Is it me or are this years world champs in Chicago? 

1 hour ago, Chill84 said:

The guy is from Chicago and he made a video for you, he can call it whatever he wants.  He's not a Steamforged employee making canonical changes to guild ball.  Dumb af.

@Mako-> giphy.gif <- me

1 hour ago, Isante said:

Hrmm... Is it me or are this years world champs in Chicago? 

Totally fair. I don't dispute that the Chicago meta have some of the best players, perhaps even the strongest meta in the world. I'm just pointing out a Chicago-centric term for a global Brewer tactic with a (debatably?) silly metaphor.

dtjunkie19 likes this

22 hours ago, dtjunkie19 said:

hope the counsel will confirm that I am not personally under investigation regarding Missilegate. 

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

rozyncrantz likes this