Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Mako

Blacksmiths Name Guess Thread

Because I'm bored, I thought I'd encourage people to guess what the players will be called. Free imaginary cookies for anyone that gets them all right, naturally.

We know we have Anvil and Sledge, so who else?

Quench and Temper were a pair I liked the sound of in a previous thread (if I could find it, I'd move it in here...)

Maybe Braze and Flux?

Smelt and Slag? (no giggling :P )

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Because I'm bored, I thought I'd encourage people to guess what the players will be called. Free imaginary cookies for anyone that gets them all right, naturally.

We know we have Anvil and Sledge, so who else?

Quench and Temper were a pair I liked the sound of in a previous thread (if I could find it, I'd move it in here...)

Maybe Braze and Flux?

Smelt and Slag? (no giggling :P )

If you can't refrain from personal attacks then I shall be forced to issue you a warning! ;)

These are half-mentioned above, but you could have Steam and Forge ... (where did that idea come from?) or, courtesy of wikipedia, Fuller and Hardy.

Temper and Quench are good.  I smell a fellow heat-treater out here.  I could see a "Case Hardened" character trait or something.  I'd paint any of their weapons in that sweet coloring that happens when you let steel cool to room temp after the process.  Some of those orange to blue transitions would look wicked. 

I could see some welding references too.  Arc and Rod.  Rod can only move in little tiny circles down the board.  There's a lot of metal working disciplines out there though.

Torque and Wrench (Cheater Bar character play or trait)

Oxi and Acetylene (Cutting Torch: Any models in both model's melee gain the burning condition)

Carbon and Stainless.

Ball and Pein, although something along those lines might be more suitable for a character play or trait.

Austenite and Martensite sound like possible names to me.

Flash and Caste/Mold?

Some combination of Boss, Bouche, Enarmes seems like a probable guess with the emphasis on shields.

Punch and Drift? (though punch would feel cliche)

Plate and Pauldron?

Mail and Greaves? (though close to Graves)

Nail and Hinge? (maybe the other stuff they make?)

Scabbard and Chappe?

With the british humor prevalent at steamforged I would not be surprised to see John (Smith). And a striker called Striker seems a given really.

Charcoal or coal perhaps. Temper and Quench as mentioned above seems likely as well. Hoping for some good names that'll ring fear into our opponents hearts and ears.

Well, we have Anvil and Sledge. Furnace was just revealed. I think Bellows or Stoker would be Furnace's apprentice. Ideas for other Guild Members: Ingot, Ore, Slag, Alloy, Quench, Smelter, Cast or Mold, Crucible, Temper, Vulcan, Foundry, Forge. There are a lot of good options. 

42 minutes ago, TheCursedD20 said:

Well, we have Anvil and Sledge. Furnace was just revealed. I think Bellows or Stoker would be Furnace's apprentice. Ideas for other Guild Members: Ingot, Ore, Slag, Alloy, Quench, Smelter, Cast or Mold, Crucible, Temper, Vulcan, Foundry, Forge. There are a lot of good options. 

Stoker would be a double then, cause we already got a Stoker in the Brewers Guild.

16 minutes ago, Cole said:

Stoker would be a double then, cause we already got a Stoker in the Brewers Guild.

That's true. I was just listing any names that would be fit the theme and be a quality name.

36 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Right that's it! Give yourself a warning!

I did it in the real world, where I'm not responsible for people's behaviour :D