Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cole

Mow down on parting blow doesn't hit the leaving model?

Ok, I searched intensely over google and the Forum Search Function and couldn't find anything. I hope this isn't a question already being asked again. :D

A Parting Blow is an Attack, which does not cost Influence, triggered and resolved immediately at the point the active model leaves the melee zone or LOS of the enemy model.
This is right from the rulebook. Mow down causes models within the meele zone to suffer the KD condition. But the model that triggered the parting blow is outside of the meele zone. I can see how it was intended to make the leaving model suffer KD, but that's not what it says. Am I wrong here or is this correct? I am a little confused and would like to get this cleared before it comes up.

"Target enemy model suffers the knocked-down condition. All other models within this model's melee zone suffer the knocked-down condition."

This character play has two effects.

1) The target enemy model is knocked down. This is regardless of melee range.

2) All other model's within this model's melee zone are knocked down.

A parting blow target is knocked down by Mow Down.

5 minutes ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Doesn't this imply that mow down is not a legal option to select on a parting blow?

Tater's trait, "Make It Rain", allows him to select Character Plays on parting blows.