Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RTOAHB

2017 with my alchemists. Git Gud?

Goals and aspirations sound great, but I wonder about your 10.

2 Mascots do give you options, but in my mind they don't out weigh the opportunity to have Crucible or even Merc as an option for a flex spot. What is it that makes you feel the need for both mascots?

I'm with @burroboskov on this one - Naja is more versatile than Flask, even with Smoke, Flask does less. Admittedly in some situations Flask can do a lot of damage, but those situations aren't going to come up often, whereas 2" melee crowd out will happen all the time, the snake will almost every game be a good place to hold the ball, it's fast and protected enough with UM that it is actually a good 3rd kick retrieval option (I tend to use Vitriol or the snake as retrieval, favouring the snake if possible to give me more T1 goal threats) and 1 INF for a decent chance at giving poison with damage or a clutch Hypnosis to kill a play can be (situationally, as with Flask) great. Is being able to change Naja for Flask every so often worth removing the option of Crucible (or Venin, if you actually like him)?

I suppose I could plop in Venin for Flask, I was being greedy and I'm not a massive fan of Venin my self. I could see Venin being somewhat useful with his 4/2 and good chance at retrieving the ball in some situation useful though. Thanks guys.

I'd put in Crucible or Mercury over Venin. I do want to try out Venin some more, but I feel like Crucible can be game breaking, and Merc clearly has a role in a Smoke team for the AOE, and even in Midas he provides a strong ball passer, and Tackle on 1.

However it certainly is the flex spot. Looks like the decisions you need to make for your line up are...

Smoke/Midas

Flask/Naja

oKat/VKat

Calc/Compound

Harry

Vitriol

If you are happy to just have 2 options for flex, thats fine. But I don't think I was trying to push you towards Venin.

I have a event planned for June, July, 2 in september and UK Nationals in August.. let's keep this ball rolling.