Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Deatheux

boss minis 'fragility'

Hello everyone, do your bosses minis(dancer, boreal knight) had unstick from the boss's stand?

actually, i'm scared to death to break them when I remove them from the plastic case...

what is the ideal glue to use?

vivement the box organizer! :)

Mine are rather secure, however some have not been so fortunite.

Being plastic, some Citidel plastic glue would work fine on them if they break. I use it for building models and it holds together nicely.

The shield on one of my Sentinels was loose when I got it, and a bit of superglue fixed it pretty well. My boss models have all been pretty secure but I would use superglue again if I needed to.

27 minutes ago, Sir Orpheus said:

Mine are rather secure, however some have not been so fortunite.

Being plastic, some Citidel plastic glue would work fine on them if they break. I use it for building models and it holds together nicely.

I would use superglue. Citadel plastic glue may say "plastic" on the bottle but what it really means is "Games Workshop plastic" (which I believe is polystyrene). The Dark Souls minis are made of PVC which I'm 95% sure the citadel plastic glue has no effect on. I've got a spare broken dancer though so I might give it a try and report back on the results.

2 hours ago, Rejusu said:

I would use superglue. Citadel plastic glue may say "plastic" on the bottle but what it really means is "Games Workshop plastic" (which I believe is polystyrene). The Dark Souls minis are made of PVC which I'm 95% sure the citadel plastic glue has no effect on. I've got a spare broken dancer though so I might give it a try and report back on the results.

You have a point. I really haven't tested it on other plastics. So yeah, with that doubt in mind, super glue :P

As a person who had converted the Dancer model into an original sculpt pose, I would have to say that the model was FAR from fragile. The plastic is pretty hard, and I had to put a lot of effort to change the pose. Rock hard miniature.

Normally I would recommend plastic glue for plastic, but my plastic glue had no effect on this material. Had to use super glue, which worked fine.