Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cole

vs Corsair

Alright, now after roughly 50 games I start to get a consistent win streak against Union. Somehow cracked the code. The next obstacle completely unbeaten by me as of now is Corsair Fish. I have no clue how to deal with Corsair Fish, especially now that Shark is completely irrelevant because Hag makes Corsair as fast as Shark...

What is his weakness? I can't see one. Seriously, with Hag you can't even pin that dick down. If at least he didn't have close control. That doesn't even make sense model wise AND his legendary already provides it. That just adds insult to injury. 

So to make it short: I can't get through the Fisher Wall. Everything has tough hide, can kick like their life depends on it, easy access to KD, legendary phase makes even the shittiest player a formidable striker better than anything Morticians are able to field (I mean, it's a legendary, I'm ok with that, but still... it just adds up. And if it goes the same way like it did with Union, the time I am capable of winning against them Season 4 hits and Fishers get another buff, cus muh tim nids boff). Is there any way around that? If so, I don't happen to see it. 

Sorry if it sounds rant-ish, but the frustration really boils up. The only advice I was told so far was "change guilds", like what the fuck. 

Thanks in advance and sorry if there was a thread already, I didn't happen to find it.

In the Corsair matchup I feel the best approach to the match up is to focus on isolating Corsair and removing him. Puppet master, pushes, Unexpected arrival, and lure are all strong tools in this idea. Both the union choices of Minx and Rage work well in this matchup as well, Rage for bleeds/easy concussions and Minx for -2 DEF/battery for beaters. As for captain choice both are great for their own reasons. Scalpel legendary and damaging ><'s work well into isolating corsair and her speed plus ball game is great into fish. Obulus has great setup potential for your beaters/scorers and is often the game winning striker. This is one of the trickier matchups for the morts but with practice it is certainly manageable.

The Corsair murder ball is one if the toughest match ups for any team. I've not played into with Morticians tbh, but I think my plan would be to go footballing.

Obulus can Puppet Master his way out around Close Control, Bonesaw is a great striker imo and can break up the scrum. Cosset can Lure Corsair and isolate him. She will obviously die very easily and will need a fair bit of baby sitting to stay alive.

It's a horrible team to play against, and if they are going all take outs, it's also one of the dullest!

6 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

The Corsair murder ball is one if the toughest match ups for any team. I've not played into with Morticians tbh, but I think my plan would be to go footballing.

Obulus can Puppet Master his way out around Close Control, Bonesaw is a great striker imo and can break up the scrum. Cosset can Lure Corsair and isolate him. She will obviously die very easily and will need a fair bit of baby sitting to stay alive.

It's a horrible team to play against, and if they are going all take outs, it's also one of the dullest!

Precisely why i swapped from corsair. 

on topic - Corsair is the weak link, (its pretty good to have a weak link with that much def tech and boxes...) but if he dies he struggles to remain relevant to the game. Although Hag has definitely minimised this from what it used to be.

I've heard people off handedly say silence is pretty good into corsair because of is lower def. Since you can make things happen like tucking him t1 so he can't actually respond to anything going in with drags after that. Or shutting him out to remove his influence on the game for most of the turn

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I've heard people off handedly say silence is pretty good into corsair because of is lower def. Since you can make things happen like tucking him t1 so he can't actually respond to anything going in with drags after that. Or shutting him out to remove his influence on the game for most of the turn

In my experience a t1 shut out is very strong into corsair if he kicked off.  It give you the rest of the turn to do things like lure and puppet master him in and then have the puppet go to town on him. 

Or into vsiren it allows you to make her dread gaze useless if you get her shut out.

Silence in general is good vs any team with a captain that leans towards getting a full stack or a player with a buff that is very crucial to get off to make their turn play as they intend it to.