Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fuggal the Nosey

What future DS 3 boss do you want in the game

Select the bosses you want to see in the board game.   31 members have voted

1. 1. What boss do you want to have in the game

• Champion Gundyr (main boss)
    • Crystal Sage (mini boss)
    • Abyss Watchers (main boss)
    • High Lord Wolnir (mega boss)
    • Old Demon King (mega boss)
    • Pontiff Sulyvahn (main boss)
    • Aldrich, Devourer of Gods (main boss)
    • King of Storms/ Nameless King (mega boss)
    • Twin Princes (main boss)
    • Yhorm the Giant (mega boss)
    • Old Dragonslayer Armour (mini boss)
    • Oceiros, the Consumed King (main boss)
    • Soul of Cinder (main boss)
    • Sister Friede (main boss)
    • Champion Gravetender and Gravetender's Greatwolf (main boss)
    • Slave Knight Gael (main boss)
    • Half-Light (main boss (could utilize upcoming invader expansion))
    • Demon Prince (mega boss)
    • Darkeater Midir (mega boss)
    • Curse Rotted Greatwood (mega boss)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What DS 3 boss do you want in the game one day. I did not include certain bosses either because they are already coming to the game or if the boss is impractical.  I may miss a boss or two (i am human). Enjoy:lol:

I left out the Deacons of the Deep b/c it is not worth it

Sully is my favorite DS boss and I would love a mini of him xD

also deacons would be hilarious in board game form 

I think I clicked on like 8. And that was me holding back lol 

Decon's would make a fun mini boss though :D that and Pinwheel haha. 

Thought my top mega boss is a the between NK and Midir. Yorm swining in for third. 

Sister Freide HAS to be a double boss fight with Father Ariandel ;)

41 minutes ago, stargorger said:

My only concern with the Twin Princes is that it would be a rehash of Smaug and Ornstein...

I find them to be two different types of 2 v 1 boss fights. Twin Princes starts as a 1 v 1 which become a 2 v 1 in phase 2. In contrast, Smough and Ornstein are 2 v 1 and then a 1 v 1 in phase 2. I wouldn't worry about them feeling same-y.

Aldrich, Aldritch, Aldritch...

i find him to be the most interesting character in the game, and very visually compelling one as well. My one major disappointment with DS3 was that it never explored the "Deep" which had managed to both seduce and terrify Aldrich in various times. 

Gwyn! But as "Ultra"-Boss :P

With this special rule:

If you parry an attack, remove the model and get all the rewards!

9 hours ago, LoreFromAstora said:

I find them to be two different types of 2 v 1 boss fights. Twin Princes starts as a 1 v 1 which become a 2 v 1 in phase 2. In contrast, Smough and Ornstein are 2 v 1 and then a 1 v 1 in phase 2. I wouldn't worry about them feeling same-y.

Lothric is holding on to his brother's back all the time anyway, so I wouldn't even call it a two boss battle. He simply provides some extra attacks once he heats up (maybe he could target the nearest player with Lorian's and the aggro'd player with Lothric's attacks).

I'd like to see the Abyss Watchers realized, since they could do some fun stuff with multiple Watcher models attacking each other from time to time, turning the battle into a huge mess.

Soul of Cinder as he is the final boss. Nameless King is a must. Sister Friede if she comes with Ariandel. I'll get the best Dragon with the Gaping Dragon already and if that's not enough, there's still Kalameet or the Guardian Dragon, so I don't really see Midir as a must have.

Aldritch could be interesting too, since he is rather unusual as he prefers to strike from the distance.

ricoratso likes this

I'm probably the only one  thinking Slave Knight Gael. I found  that boss fight tremendously epic.

Also put down Midir, just because I don't think there's been any other boss that I've struggled with as much apart from Orphan of Kos (Bloodborne).  

MushyBrains likes this

Out of the choices available I would probably go with the Abyss Watchers.  That being said I would have loved to see the Deacons of the Deep as a boss fight in the game.  I also would have liked to see some sort of take on the Ancient Wyvern(Though considering the game's run mechanic this would never be viable).

On 5/18/2017 at 7:27 AM, Ragnara said:

Lothric is holding on to his brother's back all the time anyway, so I wouldn't even call it a two boss battle. He simply provides some extra attacks once he heats up (maybe he could target the nearest player with Lorian's and the aggro'd player with Lothric's attacks).

I'd like to see the Abyss Watchers realized, since they could do some fun stuff with multiple Watcher models attacking each other from time to time, turning the battle into a huge mess.

Soul of Cinder as he is the final boss. Nameless King is a must. Sister Friede if she comes with Ariandel. I'll get the best Dragon with the Gaping Dragon already and if that's not enough, there's still Kalameet or the Guardian Dragon, so I don't really see Midir as a must have.

Aldritch could be interesting too, since he is rather unusual as he prefers to strike from the distance.

Honestly, if we were looking more for a battle that's just a giant mess, I'd prefer the Burnt Ivory King. The fight starts as 4 Burnt Ivory Knights with 2-4 normal Ivory Knights fighting them, then after the Burnt Ivory Knights are killed the Burnt Ivory King shows up and you then have to fight him as the "heat up".

And he's absolutely brutal unless you still have a couple of Ivory Knights to help wear him down all the while.

An Eluem Lloyce expansion is probably my #1 request for this, honestly. Ava as the mini-boss, with the Burnt Ivory King as the main event.

Sir Orpheus likes this

DS Sirius You are definately not alone in wanting Gael as a boss, that fight was so intense and emotionally powerful in my eyes. However since he is.. What he is. It will probably be considered a big spoiler to release him as a boss and perhaps Bandai will not permit that to be released in any form.

I could easily, very easily, see Ringed City being released as an expansion with both Half Light and Gael as the bosses and some grunts like ringed knights, harald knight and locusts, while Midir would be a mega without a doubt, the biggest mega of them all. Demon in Pain and Demon from Below, Demon Prince is not likely to happen to the sheer size of the miniatures and the need of three miniatures to truely be able to do the fight properly. Alternatively if they were to release Demon prince, they would perhaps do one of the lesser demons and the demon prince in one mega boss set, simply letting the demon prince be one of the lesser ones in the first part of the fight. *shrug* I can't see it happen any time soon. Damn Friede and Ariandel fight annoys me so much, the way Ariandel was treated, those who have played through the fight probably agree that he was a wasted asset that could have been given so much more focus and become something epic.

I imagine we'll see Gael eventually, but he'll probably be amongst the last bosses released due to what he is/represents. I also imagine that he'll be really difficult if they include everything (that lightning attack seems like it'd be really cool in the board game).

As for Friede and Ariandel, I really hope when we get the Painted World expansion we see Gravetender as the miniboss, Priscilla as the main boss and then F&A as the Megaboss. That's assuming that Invaders aren't mini-bosses and we don't get Xantheous King Jeremiah as a miniboss as well.

I honestly believe that Friede can handle everything Priscilla does (goes invisible, wields a scythe, frost magic), but I don't think a normal boss fight would do the Friede fight justice.

On the topic of Demon in Pain, Demon From Below and Demon Prince not being doable because the size of the miniatures and the requirement to have 3 models, we're already getting the 4K, so that argument doesn't really hold much water :P

I'd like a Champion Gundyr model.

He handed me my butt for about an hour straight, but I just think he looks cool as hell.  :D

38 minutes ago, Ashraam said:

I'd like a Champion Gundyr model.

He handed me my butt for about an hour straight, but I just think he looks cool as hell.  :D

The question is would he be in his normal form or his Pus of Man form? :)

31 minutes ago, stargorger said:

The question is would he be in his normal form or his Pus of Man form? :)

Just the Champion form without the corruption. The original form you face is one of the few bosses I beat on the first attempt.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Ashraam said:

Just the Champion form without the corruption. The original form you face is one of the few bosses I beat on the first attempt.  :lol:

True, same for me. I just think that his heat-up mechanic being a transformation (into quite a different form) might then require 2 models. Which is of course a good thing :D

45 minutes ago, stargorger said:

True, same for me. I just think that his heat-up mechanic being a transformation (into quite a different form) might then require 2 models. Which is of course a good thing :D

True, I'm not averse to more models!

stargorger likes this