Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Magasaki

The Dukes Archives - Community assets

Hi guys, around a year ago i floated the idea of a site that gathers and collects community assets into a shared and accessible library. This would include custom tilesets, campaigns, painting guides etc. Well i'm picking the project up again now the game is released and a preview page to the site can be seen here http://www.dukesarchives.com/ we are also ready to start taking submissions and discussing ideas with you guys so please get in touch.

Cheers

I think this is bloody brilliant! Let me know If you need anyone to help with Lore Flashcards :D no doubt it's only adds immersion to a game when you understand what you are fighting. 

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. The backend for the site is complete now (behind the page you can see) but i won't do more work on it until I start to receive any submissions as without content the site won't go anywhere. However, what would be great (that I might be able to do this weekend if no one else gets chance) is a photoshop or pdf template for the tile

Sir Orpheus likes this

I have some assets, we corresponded on mail a year ago (perhaps you remember MushyBrains or Jimmy). I can finalize the tile template i left half finished as soon as i have received my box or someone can send me high res scans/photos of the icons and one tile straight from above. I will also easily be able to fix card templates for treasures, enemies and encounters. But again had I only my box I could do it over a weekend in form of psd files with everything layered neatly.

Sir Orpheus likes this

I'm a fairly decent writer, while the whole pdf is outa my resource range. I do have no issue contributing to the Lore flashcards. Is a good idea being most of the people I play the board game with, have never actually played the game. 

Sounds good man, drop me a message via the site and we can talk about it more over email. I already have some ideas for these.

Cheers

I'm happy to help with writing stuff. I've actually got some writing credentials now - a fact that I'm quite sillily pleased over.

Can't say I'll be much help until late June, however. I've got exams in June, so much of my time is spent either revising from those or doing nothing to ease my sanity

No worries man. I can only commit limited time to this too so it will be built over time hopefully

It bothers me that the Duke's Archives has Arty in the background :/ should have a picture of Seethe IMHO. You know, the Duke :P

I'll be able to contribute here pretty quick, working on a Moonlight Butterfly boss battle.

ha ha if someone sends me some original Seathe art i'd happily change it! Page is just a placeholder till we start getting content

So, I have a couple skills I can contribute to this. But, I'm really not clear on what it is exactly you're looking for. Is this just for custom rules and fan-made art material? Or...?

That said, I can:

Photoshop/digital painting and art manipulation (for graphic design, card art, etc...)

Paint (I paint miniatures semi professionally and can upload paint guides and color schemes/color palettes)

3d sculpting (not sure what you'd want this for, but in case anyone really wants to fan-make a certain character or whatever that Steamforged is likely to never make and try their hand at 3d printing it, let me know, and I can sculpt it :)

Writing (my degree and most of my work experience is in writing)

So, let me know more specifically what you'd like and if there's anything you need to fill out the site and I would be happy to contribute :)

On 5/27/2017 at 8:44 PM, Chud_Munson said:

@Magasaki For content submissions, how would you prefer to receive them? Email, on here, or some other medium?

email me via the site and i can reply there. cheers

On 6/6/2017 at 4:32 AM, Magasaki said:

email me via the site and i can reply there. cheers

Hm, I think your DNS record might be messed up or need to be updated to point to your web server. When I click the link, there's a message from Wix that the domain doesn't refer anywhere.

Great idea. I made some cards for Zombicide Black Plague so I could use the minis from Blood Rage in it. Be great to do something similar with Souls. It would be fun to have some of the other playable characters before the expansions arrive.

@MushyBrains has your box arrived? Hope you've been able to get a few games in! I could send you some reference photos if not. I don't have a scanner so could be hard to get you a high quality pic of a tile but could snap anything else you need.

@Magasaki the website is appearing broken for me :S is it still up?

Nope, no game yet for me, stuck on answered atm.

So can't really make any progress or get inspired for ideas. And I don't want to spoil the entire feeling of playing it the first time by watching others play, reading cards and encounters.

Only thing I can say so far in progress is a rough "sketch" for a dynamic campaign with an original story that follows the end of DS3 (using the DLC plot endings). But until I've played the game a few times I can't properly muse on how to incorporate game mechanics and how heavily I need to rework the game to come close to my vision. <_< Reading what I am writing here it all sounds like an overly ambitious undertaking that will likely fail. I hope I can prove those who think that, myself included wrong.

That really sucks @MushyBrains. Have any of your friends got it so you can play?

I was hoping someone on here could create a template for a character board. Then could print it out and use it as a fifth player, or a custom hero. Suppose they'd need custom loot so would need to get a template for those as well. Basically I am impatient to get all the expansions!

More story missions in a campaign sounds fun. That side should improve drastically once Summons and Invaders are introduced. I haven't played the DLC yet. Only beat DS3 about a month ago.

Nope, only some acquintances around sweden have gotten theirs, but none in my local area. Still hanging on to my answered status though. Can't help losing steam on my hype to play and make content the longer i have to wait.

Luckily for those that have not played the dlcs it is not a deal breaker because this campaign's story takes place beyond world's end after the last flickering ember was smothered by ash. A new age. A dark, cold and gentle place. A place untarnished by the bonfires' embers and accursed darksign.

Making another player board as a template.. sounds excellent. I've written it in my list of scans/designs/templates I plan on making. :)

UPDATE: 26/6

It still is at a standstill in delivery status while most swedes I know of has received theirs 1-2 weeks ago. So no progress here. My focus is put on my own RPG ruleset and setting instead, the Dark Souls hype I had might return at some point perhaps. That is not to say I was not expecting or was unprepared for delays. Just got my hopes up from their misleading misinforming updates and then was let down over and over.

In other news i have brainstormed and shaped a concept pitch for a campaign based Bloodborne board game that generates a unique version of Yharnam for each campaign And lets players choose the fate of the first game's outcome which will affect the campaigns story, goals and difficulty. intention is mostly using cards instead of dice but still using miniature/token based board gameplay. I might share it when it is summarized on paper and let some creative people continue developing it.

That's all for now, 

Toodles.