Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sir Orpheus

Knight Artorias (Steamforged please!)

45 posts in this topic

So, with Artorias coming in wave 2, there is one thing I wanted to bring up... His pose. Now, I know he has this iconic slouched pose with his dangling arm And his greatsword slung over his shoulder... Can we possibly not get that? Two companies, one for collecter statues and another for action figures have done just that.

I think it would be better to have a original combat pose for Artorias, giving steamfieged their own image for him.

Anyone else feel this way? 

Danny and stargorger like this

14 minutes ago, Sir Orpheus said:

So, with Artorias coming in wave 2, there is one thing I wanted to bring up... His pose. Now, I know he has this iconic slouched pose with his dangling arm And his greatsword slung over his shoulder... Can we possibly not get that? Two companies, one for collecter statues and another for action figures have done just that.

I think it would be better to have a original combat pose for Artorias, giving steamfieged their own image for him.

Anyone else feel this way? 

Getting him with mid horizontal attack would be awesome.

But I reckon they've already chosen the design by now, and its been more of a case of what works to make them look good and minimize fragility

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Getting him with mid horizontal attack would be awesome.

But I reckon they've already chosen the design by bow, and its been more of a case of what works to make them look good and minimize fragility

I'm putting my trust in them. Even of it is the generic pose, he'll stop be one I'll enjoy painting.... I really want one I can easily mod onto Kalameet though >.> 

Who needs the Nameless King ;)

Just now, Visceroth said:

tumblr_o80wqm41MY1unxlj8o1_500.gif  :ph34r:

I'm still not over how terrible the leg positioning is on the dancer :,( why did they have to change it!

TheSalemLord likes this

The Image of Artorias has him holding his shield, presumably prior to his injuries in the Abyss, who knows.

Oh, I have now looked at the pose ...
This is actually a misrepresentation for Artorias in the actual Souls Universum.

Artorias has no shield in the fight against us (he gave it Sif to protect him from the abyss).
Second, his arm is broken in the battle against Manus. (That's why we could defeat him at all)

In the picture he looks more like a proud knight, than the way he meets us ..... lost.

Very sad...

2 minutes ago, ElToupe said:

Oh, I have now looked at the pose ...
This is actually a misrepresentation for Artorias in the actual Souls Universum.

Artorias has no shield in the fight against us (he gave it Sif to protect him from the abyss).
Second, his arm is broken in the battle against Manus. (That's why we could defeat him at all)

In the picture he looks more like a proud knight, than the way he meets us ..... lost.

Very sad...

The picture they used is simply a player character wearing his gear, so I wouldn't interpret too much into it.

1 hour ago, ElToupe said:

I hope so...

BNP10423.jpg

Thats what i want!

This is what I don't want. I mean First4figures did this, then the company in this image. If steamfieged does it, there is no creativity. Its just like the same model in different scales. Gets boring when everything Artorias is this when there is so much potential for other epic poses. Something more dynamic and original would be nice. 

Visceroth and stargorger like this

4 minutes ago, Sir Orpheus said:

This is what I don't want. I mean First4figures did this, then the company in this image. If steamfieged does it, there is no creativity. Its just like the same model in different scales. Gets boring when everything Artorias is this when there is so much potential for other epic poses. Something more dynamic and original would be nice. 

From the point of view of someone already owning multiple Artorias' it's a reasonable concern.

But aside from one large picture frame on my wall, I don't have anything related to him, so I'd love to have a mini doing his iconic dangly arm pose.

Thats the point: ICONIC

This is as if you would not show Astora in his "Prais the Sun" pose because otherwise it lacks creativity

7b2.jpeg

No offense here just my opinion ;P

Gervill Froad likes this

7 hours ago, ElToupe said:

Thats the point: ICONIC

This is as if you would not show Astora in his "Prais the Sun" pose because otherwise it lacks creativity

7b2.jpeg

No offense here just my opinion ;P

This is how i interpret the complaint also. I'd also much rather SFG go with the original source material, as they've done a marvelous job thus far doing so! (IMO)

Gervill Froad and stargorger like this

3 hours ago, Gervill Froad said:

If he doesn't look like how we fight him i will be upset. He better be corrupted and injured with no shield.

I'm not saying make him uncorrupted by the Abyss, that's essential for him as a boss. I just want SF to go with a original pose. He has a lot of move sets during his fight that Would make for so epic, dynamic poses for the board game. 

There just comes a point where "Iconic" becomes Generic. Its not barbaric at all to want to view Artorias in a different pose.

Imagine if every Zelda merchandise over the last 30 years was of Link doing the exact same thing. At some point, it's pointless to even buy it. I don't want that to happen to one of the greatest characters of the Dark souls universe. 

I want dynamic with movement, something fun to paint. Not a flat model that's been done before where the only enjoyment of painting him is simply because of his name. 

And on the topic of Solair... Kinda would rather a pose of him throwing a lightning spear >.> praise the Sun is great and all, but hard to build immersion in a boss fight with his arms in the air all joyfull like lol. 

But,  perhaps it's the miniatures fan outweighing the dark souls fanboy side of me. Reguardless, If SF goes the unoriginal route, I'll have to fork up the money to have a better one sculpted. Otherwise I'll likely come to resent Arty if I have to look at that exact pose forever lol.

I do However respect everyone's opinions here. SF can't make everyone happy and if the majority wants that pose, then it would be in their best interest to do it, regardless of how I feel about it. I just believe his character has potential for far more better combat posses :P

300354-85a7c5d865044d84badead98543ae0dc.jpeg

71ZmgtTJCpL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

images (5).jpg

stargorger likes this

6 hours ago, Sir Orpheus said:

I'm not saying make him uncorrupted by the Abyss, that's essential for him as a boss. I just want SF to go with a original pose. He has a lot of move sets during his fight that Would make for so epic, dynamic poses for the board game. 

There just comes a point where "Iconic" becomes Generic. Its not barbaric at all to want to view Artorias in a different pose.

Imagine if every Zelda merchandise over the last 30 years was of Link doing the exact same thing. At some point, it's pointless to even buy it. I don't want that to happen to one of the greatest characters of the Dark souls universe. 

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate with the Zelda analogy. Bar Hyrule Warriors and, to an extent, Breath of the Wild, the Zelda series has been pretty much the same, just with a different story (Something happens to Zelda/Hyrule, Link has to acquire stuff from dungeons, fights the final boss, usually Ganandorf, and saves the day).

Now I understand the want for a new/different pose, and by all means you're entitled to an opinion, but there's nothing wrong with iconic stuff being used over and over. Take Solaire for example, everyone who knows Dark Souls knows the iconic pose he does. Is it generic nowadays? Perhaps, but it's by no means a bad thing.

When I think about his model pose, I'm thinking about how he should compare to other models. Smough and Ornstein are in their starting poses, Dancer is in a dormant pose, titanite demon and gargoyle are in their starting poses too. So I wouldn't think it's a bad thing to have Arty in his iconic pose.

But hey, whatever SFG choose, I'm sure it'll come out great. :)

Sir Orpheus likes this

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of people who share your opinion. It's like Solaire's Praise The Sun gesture. It's the iconic pose.

I suppose next you're going to suggest the Solaire mini should come wearing the Sunlight Maggot! :P

1 hour ago, scifidownbeat said:

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of people who share your opinion. It's like Solaire's Praise The Sun gesture. It's the iconic pose.

I suppose next you're going to suggest the Solaire mini should come wearing the Sunlight Maggot! :P

Na, wouldn't make since as a summon :P but actually look Iike he is ready for a fight? Mayyybe :P

Just like how Sif is sitting on a rock. They've done statues, posters and what not of that motive. Now I'm going to move around a wolf sitting on a boulder. Yay... not.

Same goes for Artorias and his done to death pose. They skipped Dancer's iconic pose, I say skip the rest as well. Make things a little original. I despise the Sif mini so much I'm going to cut off the head and buy a high quality vinyl wolf figure or resin figurine to put it on instead

Solaire stop praising the sun, pick up a sword or throw some lightning and cooperate with me, you scrub. And now you died to a hollow soldier. Good going, or some say Git Gud.

Sir Orpheus likes this

1 hour ago, IndustrialDefect said:

Just like how Sif is sitting on a rock. They've done statues, posters and what not of that motive. Now I'm going to move around a wolf sitting on a boulder. Yay... not.

Same goes for Artorias and his done to death pose. They skipped Dancer's iconic pose, I say skip the rest as well. Make things a little original. I despise the Sif mini so much I'm going to cut off the head and buy a high quality vinyl wolf figure or resin figurine to put it on instead

Solaire stop praising the sun, pick up a sword or throw some lightning and cooperate with me, you scrub. And now you died to a hollow soldier. Good going, or some say Git Gud.

Glad to see not everyone is against me lol. 

I feel the same about the sif model. While well done.. Moving him around the board while attached to a large rock will just look and feel odd. 

Visceroth likes this

1 hour ago, Sir Orpheus said:

Glad to see not everyone is against me lol. 

I feel the same about the sif model. While well done.. Moving him around the board while attached to a large rock will just look and feel odd. 

I agree with you on Sif. In general for miniatures, anything that's not directly related to the model, like rocks and debris, are a nuisance. It's the same with the Pursuer (the image is back from September, but the Sif model was revealed at the same time, so it's not too far-fetched to assume the Pursuer model hasn't changed either):

Pursuer 9-8-16.jpg

Sir Orpheus likes this

The Pyromancer model revealed in September was also a little disappointing. Would've liked to see her holding a flame in her hand, like you might see if you were charging up a Fireball in the video games, perhaps with the axe in her other hand and the shield on her back.

2016-09-13 Pyromancer.jpg

Sir Orpheus and Visceroth like this

1 hour ago, scifidownbeat said:

I agree with you on Sif. In general for miniatures, anything that's not directly related to the model, like rocks and debris, are a nuisance. It's the same with the Pursuer (the image is back from September, but the Sif model was revealed at the same time, so it's not too far-fetched to assume the Pursuer model hasn't changed either):

Pursuer 9-8-16.jpg

I can't dissagree, however with the particular pose (which is do like, gives it that movement I desire) I see the rock's as a form of model stability. Still annoying, but at least it's subtle. 

29 minutes ago, scifidownbeat said:

The Pyromancer model revealed in September was also a little disappointing. Would've liked to see her holding a flame in her hand, like you might see if you were charging up a Fireball in the video games, perhaps with the axe in her other hand and the shield on her back.

2016-09-13 Pyromancer.jpg

And I totally agree with the pyromancer, while the pose isn't a bad one, it's disappointing it doesn't actually incorporate a pyromancer. That flame would have been a better choice 100%

I mean I suppose these may be small concerns. But as I said, I love miniatures, especially ones that are not just practical, but dynamic. Of course with a title like Dark Souls, that can be a tough line to cross when it comes to "icon" vs original.