Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Thermo

Painting for beginners tutorial video - The Knight

Hope this helps anyone looking to get started with painting. Either paint along to the full video or skip to 50:02 for the quick step by step guide on How To Paint The Knight.

Next up will be The Warrior :) Any subs or support much appreciated.

Really enjoyed the video, I'm new to painting but used your dry brush technique tonight on my warrior and was happy, then went on to do some red layering on the cape.

Keep up the great content!

5 hours ago, Sir Orpheus said:

Glad to see more painting videos up, this one was well done :) looking forward to seeing more of your wok. 

Thanks matey! Very much appreciate the support! I found it pretty challenging to film but glad it's turned out ok :D

3 hours ago, squirtis said:

Really enjoyed the video, I'm new to painting but used your dry brush technique tonight on my warrior and was happy, then went on to do some red layering on the cape.

Keep up the great content!

Great to hear you found it useful and used some of the techniques! Post up a picture of your work in progress man, that would be awesome!

Here's the warrior, id say I have the dark and mid tones done on the cape. Will go in for highlights tonight. All the mail was dry brushed with gunmetal. Love that look. My GF and I painted some hollow archers the night before and I'm thinking a dry brush would have been better for the chain mail on that one too

Great start matey! You're making me itch to get mine done and film another tutorial. Think the warrior is one of my favourite minis around. Soon cool!

8 minutes ago, Thermo said:

Great start matey! You're making me itch to get mine done and film another tutorial. Think the warrior is one of my favourite minis around. Soon cool!

doooo it! would love to see your approach, as your knight tutorial helped me decide my route for the warrior. mine is coming along but taking me a long time cuz i'm such a noob. you'll probably have your video out before i can finish as i'll be away for the next four days.

Very informative and straightforward! You made it look so easy! If I had the funds, I'd be very tempted by this video to give it a go. These miniatures really are fantastic.

Follow up video to this which includes a few more advanced techniques features The Warrior and should be up and edited by these weekend :) If you want to see him finished, check out hot gates gaming on twitter and Facebook and let me know what you think!