Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrJekyll

Alchemist strike team

Having been Fishing for a while, I've not really caught up with the current state of the Alchemists. Any suggestions on where to go when building a strong striking-oriented Alchie line-up?

Most competitive Alchemists teams start with Vitriol.  Mist and A&G are strong contenders for the Union slot, depending on your play style.  Either captain can work, but if you didn't go with Mist you're probably better off with Midas.  You can fill out the remaining 3 guild slots with whatever suits you, but both Katalysts are quite popular.  Personally I'm a fan of Mercury, in large part because he's got a 4/6 kick and a tackle on 1 hit, but if you only care about goal threat, Crucible can pretend she's a mini-Vitriol if you're careful with her.

I was thinking along the lines of Midas, Vitriol and Mist for the core gameplay, and leaving Compound behind for goalkeeping. Merc was also on my "perhaps"-list, but Crucible sounds interesting. Particularly as I'll get an excuse to buy her :)

Compound is perhaps the best goal keeper in the game.  I wouldn't include him in every match, but if you aren't sure whom to draft next he's pretty safe.  Specifically, if I think I'm going to have to stay as far up field as possible to keep goal pressure on and my opponent is in large part a fighting team, Compound struggles to contribute.

If you do take Crucible, definitely consider oKatalyst.  He'll both help protect her and she'll greatly increase the momentum tax of his burning knock downs.

With Midas I generally play Midas, Naja, Vitriol, Katalyst 1, Compound and Harry. Swap Compound for Crucible when attacking the goal is more valuable than defending it.

What Fearlord said. Not all out striking, but you are definitely looking for at least 2 goals, although it's possible to get 1-4. Midas and Vitriol alone put a lot of pressure on the goal, Harry and Compound are great at defense, and Naja and oKat can do both.

On 5/14/2017 at 8:01 AM, FearLord said:

With Midas I generally play Midas, Naja, Vitriol, Katalyst 1, Compound and Harry. Swap Compound for Crucible when attacking the goal is more valuable than defending it.

That's the lineup I'm planning on playing.