Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Azreal13

Enter The Blacksmiths...

85 posts in this topic

I don't know about pairings but surely someone has to have a ranged attack throwing horse-shoes about.

Mudge Black likes this

I've spent way too much time wondering what kind of mascot they'll have.

I hope they will incorporate the Forge Blower for a character.  A 10" flamejet!!

medieval_blacksmith_blower_a.jpg

4 minutes ago, TehMik said:

I've spent way too much time wondering what kind of mascot they'll have.

I reckon it could be a mechanica.

I'd normally suggest a tortoise or an armadillo, but those are already taken.

A giant salamander with fire-related abilities could be cool.

I could dig a cantankerous goat.

If they all come in pairs, there is no space for a mascot. Unless they have an odd number in the team?

3 minutes ago, MarkM said:

If they all come in pairs, there is no space for a mascot. Unless they have an odd number in the team?

The captain probably doesn't have to be a Master, or maybe the captain is a "general" master that boosts any nearby apprentices?

RedSam likes this

I'm guessing the captain and mascot either aren't paired and offer general synergy, or they pair up together and just have a higher power skew than the other pairs.

I'm definitely expecting an apprentice by the name of Temper. It's just too perfect to not be the case.

I was trying to think of a name pairing for Quench!  TY!

So, for fan naming ideas,  that's Forge and Bellows, Quench and Temper,  any more?

Trip and Tinker?

Trip hammers are large mechanical strikers for large/heavy work and a tinkers hammer is for finer detail work.

Pig iron and Damascus?

Tongs, Flux, or Flash maybe?

Strop? I'd prefer to see that in Barber's, or Physician's if they made it (he'd be the guy with Tooled Up).

File?

EDIT: Oil or Whet. Or you could go and use words tied to what they make - Fuller, Gorget, Buckler, Greaves (a bit close to Graves, unfortunately), Pauldron, Hilt, Tang.

There should be a guy named Pommel with a character play called End Him Rightly.

Oh, and of course there's Smith. Or maybe Smitty.

I don't have any idea what these guys are going to do. I feel like these are just their damage dealers, and I have to say, mom7 damage is brutal, but if it takes you two activations and several points of Influence to get it through, I'd say that's ok. Unfotunately I feel like they are going to get Shutout, because otherwise it would almost be too easy to get away from that Combo.

A mascot though. That's a good questions. Maybe a living Knight Armor? Or maybe something more engaging! A shield! How can a shield move? Well, some one picks it up and gets +1 Arm! Anvil having two shields and a hammer, and apparently three arms.

On 5/18/2017 at 7:32 AM, Isante said:

They are my 11th guild. :D

Mine too - nice to know others share my model purchasing habits.

Maybe we should start a support group or 12 step program.

;)

Hello, I'm the Alphadork and I collect miniatures . . . 

Isante and Gardensnake like this

On 5/18/2017 at 9:32 AM, Isante said:

They are my 11th guild. :D

We need more self-control. :o

Shame on you all, with your willpower-less buying habits!

I... definitely couldn't possibly have every guild. No sir, not at all. :P

14 hours ago, the_aY said:

We need more self-control. :o

Naw. Owing all the guilds is basically the same cost as owning a single army in most other games :D

15 hours ago, Alphadork said:

Mine too - nice to know others share my model purchasing habits.

Maybe we should start a support group or 12 step program.

;)

Hello, I'm the Alphadork and I collect miniatures . . . 

Im in the process of moving which has forced me to relook at all my minis... There is no problem.... dont tell the girlfriend how many boxes of minis I have though...

Alphadork and Gardensnake like this

3 hours ago, Isante said:

Im in the process of moving which has forced me to relook at all my minis... There is no problem.... dont tell the girlfriend how many boxes of minis I have though...

Wow, small world. I moved to a new town ~3 years ago for a job and decided to reduce my miniatures collection by donating all my WHFB stuff to my local gaming store in the old city. 

To put that in perspective I'm the guy that used to answer the question "Which armies do you collect?" with "not Tomb Kings . . ."

Will always remember the look on the store owners face when he saw just how many boxes/tubs of models that was :)

Napoleon and Isante like this

I've only just gravitated towards thresher farmers as backup to my morticians. but i'm quite eager to see the rest of the blacksmiths cards. if they are interesting there's only a very small barrier of entry to guilds in this game luckily.

8 hours ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Alligator/Crocodile for the mascot. Win.

Or a Rhino. 

13 hours ago, JS said:

Or a Rhino. 

Rhino would be cool too. 50mm mascot could be pretty sweet. Oh man and think about how easy it is going to be to paint a Rhino. Prime greyish, earthshade, dry brush some soot. Done