Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WASandD

Who are you adding to make your new 10 player roster?

Now it's a ten player roster I feel like it opens me up to the fighter builds. I've been focussing on football as I have more practice with it. My current 9 is:

Shark

Corsair

Salt

Greyscales

Sakana

Kraken

Jac

Siren

Angel

But now I can have ten I'm thinking of bringing in Vet Siren and dropping Angel for Tentacles to make both lists viable.

I'm going to be adding Sakana to my 9, and I may switch out Kraken and Tentacles for Jac and Salt. I also have to figure out what lists I want Corsair or Shark into though.

2 hours ago, Siberys said:

adding Sakana to my 9

Handicapping yourself there for funsies?

I'll be running Angel as the 10th because I want to like her. Odds of her ever seeing the field are slimmer than her waistline though.

Sakana plays like an easier-to-kill Greyscales in my experience. Never had the space in my roster for him while Greyscales existed. I've been considering him as a flex piece for Corsair lists though; he can help in the scrum or go for a goal if Greyscales is too committed to one side.

My current nine is:

Shark

Corsair

Tentacles

Sakana

Vet Siren

Siren

Kraken

Hag

Avarice and Greede.

Since previously I had Greyscales in place of Hag, he gets to go back in now with the expanded roster.

1 hour ago, Siberys said:

*snip*

Meant more why are you playing 9 instead of 10 :D.

Was not a great attempt at a joke based on what I'm sure was a typo. Moving on...

Siberys likes this

I mean, unless you think Sakana is so bad he's just dead-weight and it's like you're playing with one less roster spot anyways...

Sakana may be the best set-up man on the team. Both on and off the pitch - if you know what I mean.

I'm in the same boat as Mr.Pops, with Salt instead of Tentacles.

9 minutes ago, JS said:

Sakana may be the best set-up man on the team. Both on and off the pitch - if you know what I mean.

I do not know what you mean in either case.

54 minutes ago, Siberys said:

I do not know what you mean in either case.

Oh the innocence of youth

TehMik likes this

My 9 was 2 Captains 1 mascot, Greyscales, Jac, Hag, Kraken, and both Sirens.

I'll most likely be adding Sakana if I play fish at a tournament again this season.

The 9 was Shark, Corsair, Tentacles, Sakana, Greyscales, Hag, Siren, vSiren, A&G. 

I'm adding kraken in. It means i get the full Corsair beater list, all striker Shark list, and everything in between. The problem is I don't actually think i want to ever go full beater Corsair, and kraken will just be a feint. 

AllElf likes this

16 hours ago, JS said:

Oh the innocence of youth

Ha I wish. Just never ran into that turn-of-phrase I guess.

As to Sakana's set-up ability on the pitch, setting up is often the last thing I need in the games I've been considering Sakana for. I mean, he can add cover to further gum up the scrum, and/or put Weak Point on a target, but I've been considering him for his ability to pivot from the scrum to the goal and using him for setup kinda screws with that.

On 5/11/2017 at 11:17 PM, Frankanelli said:

The 9 was Shark, Corsair, Tentacles, Sakana, Greyscales, Hag, Siren, vSiren, A&G. 

I'm adding kraken in. It means i get the full Corsair beater list, all striker Shark list, and everything in between. The problem is I don't actually think i want to ever go full beater Corsair, and kraken will just be a feint. 

That's my exact current 9 and thoughts on Kraken #10

Frankanelli likes this

Initially was running Shark, SEA WEASEL*, oSiren, Greyscales, Jac, Sakana, Gutter, Kraken, and Hag. 

Now that we're up to 10, I briefly considered adding Angel because, well, I have the model? I should note I don't have Corsair and don't really like his play style. So while I accept that A) he's good, and 2) I am wrong for not liking him, I'm going to politely cast a voodoo curse on anyone who says "TAKE THE FAT PIRATE!"

However, after giving it some thought, I figured I might try Tentacles. Is the octopod something that works in a Shark team?

*Salt. If anyone follows the Mirror's football/soccer twitter feed this makes sense.

Shark

Corsair

Salt

Jac

Sakana

Siren

vSiren

Kracken

Hag

Running this line for our league that is starting up to see how I like it. Lots of Masons in our local meta so Sakana seems like a boon. I don't normally bring both Siren's in favor of oSiren but I wanna run some Corsair too and was too stubborn to admit there might be uses for vSiren last year (Seduced is damn good.) Right now I just don't see it for Angel or Tentaces. Union options are... well... A&G are pretty good. I think for a tournament I'd swap Sakana for A&G but I really think our 10 are going to be pretty similar for the big shows.

2 hours ago, TehMik said:

However, after giving it some thought, I figured I might try Tentacles. Is the octopod something that works in a Shark team?

Yes. Definitely. Im not sure how to phrase this other than, when blind is good its usually quite good. He is a nice cheap crowd out. And sic'em lets you get a surprise tackle or some pushes. Salt is a goal threat, Tentacles is board control. 

TehMik likes this