Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redmaw

[spoilers] Season 3 Brewers Fluff

Hi all, giant disclaimer, this topic is about the Brewers in the season three fluff so if you aren't up to date you may want to look away now... 

Has that guy gone..? 

Good, he's an arse hole anyway... 

Getting back on topic, while the Brewers guild didn't have much prominence in the core storyline in the book, they started off well with Hooper using text based flavor of his cards abilities to start off one of the arching storyline which runs till the last page of the book..

Also, I think the clandestine meeting between Tapper and Brisket is a good showcase of both their personalities while also including Friday and some comic relief from the previously mentioned Hooper..

Getting onto the team section of the book, it's been made very clear that there is a large rift in the ranks of our guild.. While not as messy as the Butchers civil war, you can see that there are two camps and that the power is slowly bleeding in Esters direction.. 

Regarding the power struggle itself, I like that it appears to be being kept fairly civil, but with Esters showing she is far more willing to play the political game than Tapper which is why she's probably earning more favor with the higher ups in the guild..

Also, I think Tappers introduction followed by his character blurb is a great way to start it all off.. Add to the fact the voting system which is showcased there in turns out to be a debate about naming an Ale is a flavorful way to introduce the current state of the guild.. 

I won't go into to much detail of each character to allow for later discussion, but one of the hint I do want to bring up is the name Amber.. I can't remember if she's been mentioned previously in the fluff or if she's a nod to the one of the potential rulesets which may have been used for "rookies", but she gets mentioned a few times throughout the Brewers section.. 

Long story short, she has grown up around the guild and was particularly fond of Tapper.. Due to this Esters has manipulate a way to get her removed from the guild in order to weaken Tappers position.. While it's unclear who she is or where she came from, in a game which contains a lot of "charmed male" I think we could do with another lass to back Tapper up.. (2" melee, unpredictable movement, just saying) 

Lastly I think the subtle nod to the other guilds (including the Blacksmiths) and the general pacing of the story lines is a good way to firmly place the Brewers into the world.. I'm also a big fan of the name of the tavern our lads and lasses tend to frequent throughout their tales.. 

If you haven't read this yet, go grab a book and do it now.. 

Feel free to comment on your favorite parts of the Brewers fluff.. 

#saveAmber

Sherwin and Hoju like this

Is there a way to read the fluff for free or do I have to buy the book?

4 minutes ago, Hoju said:

At the moment you need to buy the book for the Fluff

Hoju likes this

5 minutes ago, Hoju said:

I'm assuming it will be online eventually like the s1/s2 fluff..

Hoju likes this

10 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Good, he's an arse hole anyway... 

Who were you referring to?

38 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

I like '#saveamber'.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of her.

Good, because I was going to pester you about it if I saw you this weekend down at Vengeance.. 

On 5/11/2017 at 2:41 PM, Sherwin said:

I like '#saveamber'.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's not the last we've seen of her.

You know when Sherwin says this that it is a good sign...  Lol

It seems to me that it's only a matter of time until Spigot is outed as sober and is booted from the team.  With him gone, Tapper will lose the majority he needs to maintain control of the team and Esters will wretch it from him completely.

Here's hoping we at least get a Solthecian Union sSpigot out of it.

Reckon Friday will bolt with him if he gets the boot? Or is she too loyal to the family?

24 minutes ago, Mako said:

Reckon Friday will bolt with him if he gets the boot? Or is she too loyal to the family?

Hard to say.  Leaving a guild is a big thing and it's hard to imagine her making such a huge sacrifice for the sake of solidarity.  That said, it would be good drama and cement Ester's rise to power.  Right now Friday and Spigot's relationship is unclear; obviously they're very close but it's not explicitly romantic.  A friend of mine speculated that Spigot is actually Friday's father.  I think Friday probably only leaves if either something happens to Tapper or she's revealed to be Spigot's paramour.

1 hour ago, MechMage said:

Hard to say.  Leaving a guild is a big thing and it's hard to imagine her making such a huge sacrifice for the sake of solidarity.  That said, it would be good drama and cement Ester's rise to power.  Right now Friday and Spigot's relationship is unclear; obviously they're very close but it's not explicitly romantic.  A friend of mine speculated that Spigot is actually Friday's father.  I think Friday probably only leaves if either something happens to Tapper or she's revealed to be Spigot's paramour.

I think that whether they are or not lovers, the others certainly think they are. Reference Esters' fluff entry; it wouldn't be a stretch to see them wandering off alone while they smile at each other and think there's summat goin' on.