Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Scholar's Guild Forum Challenge   06/26/2017

There's a new contest running through July, to write a 1000 word short story about a rookie For more details, head to the Tales of Infamy section down below. Happy writings!  
Retro Edge

news Every EU country has Shipping status except Germany... Something went wrong here. Edit: May 31th SHIPPED! Edit: June 7th NOW it's shipped, they lied again...

247 posts in this topic
On 2017-5-20 at 9:58 AM, bartschinator said:

that's the point. I NEVER had any E-Mail from steamforged in my inbox, even though the domain is whitelisted. The single and only E-Mail in my inbox from steamforged is an automatic reply to my ticket, saying that someone will reply to me, which NEVER happened up until today. The fact that this autoresponder came through confirms that the whitelist is actually working. I still couldn't exclude any faults during the registration process on my end and tried to get in touch with steamforged without any success and that is why i am pissed af right now.

So what effectively happened - even though it might not have been intended - is: I was ripped off my money with no service in return.

Late pledger here. I received one mail from support@s.backerkit.com at 2016/11/9. Before that I only got a confirmation mail that I paid the late pledge and one where it asked for confirmation to subscribe me to a mailinglist, which didn't work I guess since I got no other mails from them. You'll have to arrange something with support yourself but that probably won't happen till after this shipping wave.

3 hours ago, Nurgle said:

The question is: does @Steamforged even care?  

Seriously, while I can understand the fristration people are going through (not having received the game myself and seeing SFG this morning say 99% of USA/Canada customers got theirs already didn't help), what exactly is it that warrants this kind of attack?

We all know they're sifting through hordes of emails and complaints, they have subsidiaries to deal with and, like you and me, are just human. Is everything perfect? Hell no, definitely not. But to go and claim they don't give a $#!¥ ? What's that for?

Ashraam, Bonko, GolmarKlonk and 4 others like this

33 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Seriously, while I can understand the fristration people are going through (not having received the game myself and seeing SFG this morning say 99% of USA/Canada customers got theirs already didn't help), what exactly is it that warrants this kind of attack?

We all know they're sifting through hordes of emails and complaints, they have subsidiaries to deal with and, like you and me, are just human. Is everything perfect? Hell no, definitely not. But to go and claim they don't give a $#!¥ ? What's that for?

While I agree that the notion of them not caring is quite harsh if not ridiculous, however keep in mind that until the Kickstarter update posted today our status in Germany was the following:

1.) Steamforged wrote on May 8:

EU: Shipping has started of the core game, this includes English, French and German copies.

2.) Until today there have been exactly 0 (zero) reports online of even one English copy arriving with the borders of Germany.

Well, today Steamforged posted the following:

English copies should also start to arrive towards the end of this week across Europe. There have been a few mistakes in how the shipping across Europe has been handled and how they are released to the shipping agent - we are now confident most of these issues have been handled and by the end of next week we expect most if not all of the German/French/English copies in EU should be delivered.

Since, as stated before, the number of English language copies that have arrived in Germany was zero, I really think it would have been appropriate to post something like: "There have been a few mistakes in how the shipping across Europe has been handled and how they are released to the shipping agent and we are in the process of resolving those problems." ... sometime during the last week or so.

Well, let's hope that all ends well now. ;)

Nice! Finally an update... Hopes are flying higher again! :D

I have confidence in Steamforged that we´ll get our copies soon! 

Looking forward!

On 16.5.2017 at 9:02 AM, Kryik said:

Hi xxx, English versions of the game in Germany have been getting sent out and received by backers. Thanks for messaging.

I get my hopes up like back then. 

Only when statuses are changed, tracking numbers are received and messages of received english copies are posted will I get my hopes up. 

3 hours ago, Spinsane said:

You seem Canadian and i think that might be the difference :)

Germans have a weird high sense of expectation to some things and freak out very fast if these things dont get fulfilled, their patience is so low, while Canadians are much more relaxed in general in comparison and also much nicer to eachother and in their communication. I´ve been there many times and observed it.

There are lots of reasons why it is like that. So yea, I think its a cultural thing and thats probably why its hard to understand.

The brains grew and are programmed in so many different ways by how we grow up and many other circumstances... but thats becoming far off-topic now...

ENGLISH DARK SOULS, WANT!!! :D

Companies in general (and particularly miniatures companies) are often reluctant to say anything until the problem is resolved, as things can easily turn round and bite you when you do - which then leads to even more frustrated customers! It's easy to end up in the situation of "I need something definite... I'll have it tonight/tomorrow".

I'm glad to see they're getting a handle on it, hopefully soon (next week?) someone will post up that they have an English copy in Germany!

It's not about getting the game now. If there were circumstances that it takes another two month, then I would be fine. Just be honest about it  

But I don't agree with false statements. Once a company has made them it will not be trusted by me until they've proven to be trustworthy again. But that might also be something from my childhood. 

In the end for me it's just another game. But for @Steamforged it is more. 

False statements? There were no statements from Steamforged in the past weeks until yesterday :)

The lack of honesty is also my biggest problem with the whole situation.

And while on the first look it may seem to be better to ignore the complaints and stay silent, its obviously not. The reasons to stay silent are often, that you can expect fans, white knights and fanboys to do the work for you, also a lot companies think, that the bad press will vanish after the problem is solved and often the main reason is, we already gave our money to the company, so we arent the target group anymore.

But,

people will talk about it and will remember it. And its much harder to get rid of a bad reputation, then to loose a good one. Its hard to determine how many people wont buy the game cause of word-of-mouth advertising now, but I can imagine the number of lost potential buyers (especially in Asia/Australia/Europe) is much bigger then they would have lost with honesty.

I am really glad now, that I just pledged for the base pledge and Darkroot Basin.

Meanwhile SFG made it to the blacklist for our gaming group. With the second wave they will have a chance to show, that their attitude has changed, but i doubt that will happen.

My game has been partially shipped for like 2 weeks now... I am from Poland.

43 minutes ago, Kidoh said:

False statements? There were no statements from Steamforged in the past weeks until yesterday :)

Seems like you missed their lies in the E-Mails 2 weeks ago.

Finally got my tracking number today! 
Parcel is on its way from the Netherlands to Austria! Transport company is GLS.
Praise the sun \[T]/

16 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Cool it, Retro Edge

Just the truth. He said there were no statements and thats wrong.

1 minute ago, Retro Edge said:

Just the truth. He said there were no statements and thats wrong.

Not every statement that turns out wrong is a lie. Sometimes people just don't know better. This is just how things are imo. You can't just call everyone a liar who was wrong about something. I'm not calling you a liar for saying this is a scam when it turns out it isn't. Because, maybe it could have been and you didn't know better.

Things get messy even in a pretty basic office place. People don't know stuff, people missunderstand, missinterpret, forget, tell the wrong person,... I can't imagine how this would be in a bigger business and in something as big as this, where all this different companies, production facilities and what not are involved. And inside of each of this companies are again all kinds of people involved.

Just give them some slack.

7 hours ago, Retro Edge said:

Seems like you missed their lies in the E-Mails 2 weeks ago.

Alright, care to elaborate?

The only reportedly false statement/email from SFG I've been able to find in this thread is them saying some people in Germany had started to receive their copies of the game. Care to elaborate as to what's false about it? I can't quite make any sense of Ludopakt's statement using GTranslate, so some insight might help.

So far, you seem to be jumping to conclusions relatively quickly and overreacting, I just want to be sure I get a clearer picture of your perspective.

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Alright, care to elaborate?

The only reportedly false statement/email from SFG I've been able to find in this thread is them saying some people in Germany had started to receive their copies of the game. Care to elaborate as to what's false about it? I can't quite make any sense of Ludopakt's statement using GTranslate, so some insight might help.

So far, you seem to be jumping to conclusions relatively quickly and overreacting, I just want to be sure I get a clearer picture of your perspective.

Thank you.

Here is a rough translation of the email from Ludo:

------------------------------

It seems like a mistake was made during the post-processing of the shipping file in the row with phone number and quantity. Therefore everyone will receive at least 1 copy of the german version (the english copy will most likely be shipped starting next week), the address data is not incorrect. Because of that, the automated messages from DPD will sometimes show wrong delivery dates and times, which is annoying enough, sorry. The last parcels went into shipping yesterday.

Please do not reroute anything with the wrong tracking numbers, everybody will receive their game. If someone receives a wrong quantity, it will be fixed in the comming weeks. We will assess that via the original data.

Maybe you can post these notes in the forums of the kickstarter backers, which may reduce the amount of inquiries that I will receive and will hopefully calm everybody's mind.

Starting monday we will take care of every single case.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

------------------------------

On 20.5.2017 at 8:52 PM, Oberendgegner said:

@bartschinator While I feel for you mate, I still don't understand how you could miss the existance of the pledgemanager for so long. Did you not pay any attention to the Kickstarter page? Where you not curious at all? Again, sorry for you, but you are really late.

To be honest, i just sat back and relaxed, because they page said i would get an E-Mail as soon as it goes live...
If it weren't for a post on - YES, REALLY - 9GAG showing the game, i wouldn't have realized it's "released" at all.

On 20.5.2017 at 0:01 PM, Kryik said:

As a fellow late pledger i can assure you...if you didnt work with the pledgemanager you didnt payed money...cause that all came after that...and missing the opening of the manager is not SFGs fault

Still nope... 
Quoting myself here from another topic just in case someone with a similiar problem as me stumbles upon this thread - as i did.

Just now, bartschinator said:

So, i finally got a reply from support. It's something, but still strange. They claim not to have any payment from me, in return i sent Screenshots from my paypal account showing the transaction. Waiting for an answer on those...

They also got the wrong E-Mail adress, which is funny comming to think of it: They could actually link my paypal transaction to my E-Mail while having the wrong E-Mail linked to the pledge manager while they "have not taken payment". Maybe there are background mechanics at work i cannot comprehend, but it sounds weird as fuck to me.

And then they just resent the survey to the wrong e-mail adress, even though i was mailing them from the correct one.
I managed to identify the hickup that caused it, it's not SFGs fault, but also not mine. Even though i changed the E-Mail adress in my paypal account years ago, they got my old one, which has been hijacked and thus terminated even more years ago. It was never an issue, until now. 

I will not get the game before the next wave. And as i allready know my shipping adress will change later this year, i can only dream of the issues to be solved then. I really hope support can work this out before it goes to hell...

2 hours ago, bartschinator said:

To be honest, i just sat back and relaxed, because they page said i would get an E-Mail as soon as it goes live...
If it weren't for a post on - YES, REALLY - 9GAG showing the game, i wouldn't have realized it's "released" at all.

Still nope... 
Quoting myself here from another topic just in case someone with a similiar problem as me stumbles upon this thread - as i did.

And then they just resent the survey to the wrong e-mail adress, even though i was mailing them from the correct one.
I managed to identify the hickup that caused it, it's not SFGs fault, but also not mine. Even though i changed the E-Mail adress in my paypal account years ago, they got my old one, which has been hijacked and thus terminated even more years ago. It was never an issue, until now. 

I will not get the game before the next wave. And as i allready know my shipping adress will change later this year, i can only dream of the issues to be solved then. I really hope support can work this out before it goes to hell...

At least you got to the bottom of things, friend. I'm glad you resolved it

Well...stuff seems to be arriving in EU...just not germany yet...well i hope this time they get it sent by next week...

I heard today that someone in France got an English copy, so that's definitely happening, in fact I heard from every single country that I can imagine that something either was delivered or at least changed at the backerkit status.

But Germany, FN Germany still got nothing. We will be the last country on Earth who gets the English versions... :/