Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diamond Souls

Large Hollow Soldier attack?

So suppose an enemy neither moves farther nor closer when it is on the same node as you do. So, does the shield bash from LHS still hurt? Or just ignore it due to its sudden retarded state standing next to you doing nothing?

Oh excuse me, enemy still walks if they are escaping from you.

Anyway, what to do with LHS with above case, any comment?

Behaviours with a push on their movement first push enemy models off their node (this doesn't target you with the attack) then you resolve their movement (this is when the attack happens).

So the way it plays out is:

1. You end your activation on the same node as the LHS.

2. It activates. You are pushed to an adjacent node. Do not block, do not dodge, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

3. It then moves one node towards the nearest player (agro/taunt breaking ties as usual) and all characters on that node are targeted with a 5 damage push attack that they can oppose with a Dodge or block. A successful dodge means you don't take damage or get pushed, blocking means you get pushed regardless.

It's one of the more confusing behaviours because the rules for it are spread out between page 21 and 24.

P21:

"If the Push icon appears on an enemy’s movement, immediately move each character on that enemy’s node onto an adjacent node chosen by the players."

P24:

"This attack targets all characters on each node the enemy moves into. (Note that it does not target characters on the node on which the enemy started.)"

It also doesn't help that the first statement is somewhat ambiguous and could be read as how you handle a movement push while resolving enemy movement when it's supposed to be telling you what to do before you resolve an enemies movement.

By the way there's a rules forum for DS now that has a useful FAQ that explains things better than I can.

Diamond Souls and Visceroth like this

This one is also your friend:

ENEMY MOVEMENT

Player decisions on Enemy movements

• Which route the enemy takes is entirely up to the players, as long as the closer to/farther away criteria is met (assuming of course there are nodes that would take the enemy closer to/farther away, if there aren't any... then the enemy won't move). Sheperding enemies that move away into a corner is an entirely valid tactic. 

Moving towards "nearest" or "aggro":

1. If the movement is towards the "nearest," determine who that is (it will not change during movement)
  2. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on (if push includes an attack, the attack will not trigger!)
  3. If the enemy is a boss and the movement is towards "nearest" or "aggro," turn the boss so the centre of its front arc faces an adjacent node that is closer to that model (you are now done if it is a 0 distance move)
  4. Move the boss onto the node directly in front of it or the non-boss enemy one node closer to "nearest" or "aggro" as appropriate
  5. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on (you are now done if it is a 1 distance move) (if push includes an attack, the attack will trigger!)
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for 2 distance or longer moves

Moving away from "nearest" or "aggro":

1. see "Moving towards"
  2. see "Moving towards"
  3. If the enemy is a boss and the movement is farther away from "nearest" or "aggro," turn the boss so the centre of its back arc faces an adjacent node that is farther from that model. (you are now done if it is a 0 distance move)
  4. Move the boss onto the node directly behind it or the non-boss enemy one node farther from "nearest" or "aggro" as appropriate
  5. see "Moving towards"
  6. see "Moving towards"
Visceroth and Diamond Souls like this

On 5/4/2017 at 9:51 AM, Replect said:

Moving towards "nearest" or "aggro":

2. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on (if push includes an attack, the attack will not trigger!)
  5. If the movement has Push, Push models off the node the enemy is on (you are now done if it is a 1 distance move) (if push includes an attack, the attack will trigger!)

Ummm What? Sounds like you're saying it wont trigger then it will. What if you're solo? 

It won't trigger the Damage if you start on the node with the enemy. 

For that push you don't get damage. But if he moves on your node after that, you will.

32 minutes ago, TimBo said:

It won't trigger the Damage if you start on the node with the enemy. 

For that push you don't get damage. But if he moves on your node after that, you will.

I thought the push only happens when he moves. My understanding from originally reading the rules was it would have to move to different spot then come back and attack again. But if I played aggressive he couldn't damage me. But now it looks like he pushes, then moves towards me again, does damage and another push.

10 minutes ago, Dreathor said:

I thought the push only happens when he moves. My understanding from originally reading the rules was it would have to move to different spot then come back and attack again. But if I played aggressive he couldn't damage me. But now it looks like he pushes, then moves towards me again, does damage and another push.

If you're on the same node as him, then when he activates he chooses you as the nearest player to move towards. But before he starts moving towards you, he's gonna push you off his node, since that is what happens when an enemiy with a push move does.

After that, he will actually begin moving on your new node and that is where the attack is going to happen, that may lead to you being pushed again. Unless you block all the damage or dodge away safely.

Dreathor and Visceroth like this

48 minutes ago, Ragnara said:

If you're on the same node as him, then when he activates he chooses you as the nearest player to move towards. But before he starts moving towards you, he's gonna push you off his node, since that is what happens when an enemiy with a push move does.

After that, he will actually begin moving on your new node and that is where the attack is going to happen, that may lead to you being pushed again. Unless you block all the damage or dodge away safely.

Half correct, you will still get pushed, even when you completely block the damage value of that push

3 hours ago, Dreathor said:

Ummm What? Sounds like you're saying it wont trigger then it will. What if you're solo? 

As others have already stated, it's right. The attack (attack, not push!) will not trigger if you get pushed from the node it is on at the beginning (step 2), while after that when it follows, the attack will trigger (step 5).

Think about it like if you are close to someone who pushes you, he won't be able to put much force into it that it could really hurt you, while if he has some space to run into you, it definitely could hurt! Makes sense? :)

54 minutes ago, Replect said:

As others have already stated, it's right. The attack (attack, not push!) will not trigger if you get pushed from the node it is on at the beginning (step 2), while after that when it follows, the attack will trigger (step 5).

Think about it like if you are close to someone who pushes you, he won't be able to put much force into it that it could really hurt you, while if he has some space to run into you, it definitely could hurt! Makes sense? :)

What I was confused about was the LHS getting a free push then he gets to do his move+push+dmg.