Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WASandD

The Salt shuffle. Why?

I've been watching a few match reports on YouTube and I've seen "the Salt shuffle" a few times.

Why is this so common? What's the point? How do you do anything with him when he's got no influence?

I just don't get it!

What do you mean by the "Salt Shuffle"? Guarding the goal post? If that's the case, he's essentially 1 free delaying activation and 1 inf, which is decent but middle of the pack as far as mascots go.

Personally, I don't shuffle him so much as rocket him forward to snapshot range with Jac. He's rarely worth the effort to kill and can give you just that little bit of extra goal threat. Has all of the benefits of the goalpost-guarding and is only marginally more dangerous for the little mustelid.

WASandD likes this

Might want to check the date of these match reports. Salt was considered "useless" until Tentacles came out and replaced him, then they released Season 3 which was pretty much entirely designed around him.

WASandD, Cole and Makai like this

I last saw it in T&G's match report a couple of weeks ago. 

When playing aggressive with the little guy, do you leave him to one side of the goal or stand him front and centre in range?

Off to one side, about 45 degrees off the cardinal if I can get him there. that's the nearest point you can get him to since you probably want Jac winging and you don't want Salt immediately mobbed. That said I've been considering running Jac more centrally and that'd affect Salt's placement.

I kick off with Jac on either side of the pitch - usually the side with fast ground. Jac will grab the ball, pull Salt forward and pass the ball to him. When I've generated enough momentum, Salt will go off and score. In the following turns, I give him 1-2 influence so he can scoop up the ball and score if needs be.

As he's only worth 1VP, my opponent has to commit to taking him out with very little reward.

10 hours ago, WASandD said:

I last saw it in T&G's match report a couple of weeks ago. 

When playing aggressive with the little guy, do you leave him to one side of the goal or stand him front and centre in range?

We just find it really funny, something from our meta.

TehMik likes this

Not sure if this counts as the salt shuffle but one trick i did was pass the ball to him and have jac pull him far to the right my opponent then followed thinkingni was going wide, then i sprinted behind shark in the center if tbe pitch and dropped the ball angel ran up center and got a turn one goal.