Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Khoregard

Dream six vs. Sea brisket

Alright folks. Shark vs. Brisket had lead to a 12 to 0 match both ways In two games. Which models should I take for game three?

Shark Tentacles oSiren Jac Hag Fangtooth

Blind is a great ability for aggravating strikers with low tac like sBrisket and Mist.  There's no way to stop a sufficiently determined sBrisket from scoring, but Close Control can make it more expensive.

Neither team really wants to kill the ball, but the threat of Seduced will put sBrisket in the awkward position of not wanting to hold the ball.

Tough Hide will go a long way to mitigate any brute players sBrisket brings.  A 7" push threat can create a wing of the pitch that sBrisket's team wants to avoid, a great place to safely put throw ins.  A Goad at the right time can easily prevent a goal.

Anything to extend a player's threat range is great, as is anything that can deny Mist Shadowlike or increase the amount of influence a striker has to spend to score.

sBrisket likes to run players who are seriously hampered by Fangtooth.  Your team isn't slowed by Foul Odor for the most part thanks to Light Footed and Shadowlike but the Union won't have that luxury.  Fangtooth can negate many players simply by knocking them down and standing next to them.  Gluttenous Mass and an easy knock down on the counter attack or parting blow make him very expensive to get away from.

16 hours ago, MechMage said:

Shark Tentacles oSiren Jac Hag Fangtooth

Blind is a great ability for aggravating strikers with low tac like sBrisket and Mist.  There's no way to stop a sufficiently determined sBrisket from scoring, but Close Control can make it more expensive.

Any reason for Shark over Corsair in this case? Seems like he'd play more with the other things you're trying to do.

7 hours ago, JS said:

Any reason for Shark over Corsair in this case? Seems like he'd play more with the other things you're trying to do.

He may have another answer but it's a great way to flush brisket's feat out against a team you should be faster than and make the game easier to manage. If she doesn't pop it in pursuit of a goal you have shut the team way down for a turn.

Also shark ignores fangtooth's odor while the enemy is going to do their damndest to use fangtooth against corsair. Fish can beat sBrsiket on goals if you play smart, take outs are going to be slow going against her in my experience.

Spot on with Jac. I used this at a tournament on Saturday and got 3 take outs with jac against an brisket team with no damage, Not the same line up but played jac the same way.

Last point I'll make to sell shark over corsair is how much momentum you're going to generate with him. I went first every round by bullying someone with double engagement (Damn otter was pretty helpful) or triple when possible and in combination with some lucky wraps shark can double generate or throw damage and single generate momentum.

Hmelrose likes this

@JS The OP specified Shark.  I don't know Corsair well enough to give sBrisket specific advice for him.