Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Rvianarpg

A&G or Harry

hi guys. Me again. 

Im still struggling to win a game ! at least to play it better! 

So i was thinking:

should i use Harry or Avarice and greede? - Actually i still dont have the Harry Miniature, but i am trying to see the best team i can field. 

normally i lost games due to people crowlding me out! 

it´s becoming very frustrating ! 

so any help ill be very glad!

I personally love using Harry with my alchemists. He is great for 2" melee, KD on 3 successes and double push on 2. He is excellent for crowd control and moving people in and out of groups. 

I normally play Midas and have a goal threat from him and vitriol so I haven't really been able to make A&g work. That's not to say they don't work as I am by no means an amazing player. 

I played AnG the other night with Midas, Flask, Vitriol,  vKat and Mercury. They were good at getting me momentum, and Singled out is nice on someone, but I did miss Harry even though I don't play him up to his full potential. The third goal threat was nice to have, but seemed unnecessary, especially because if I dropped Greede he would have died (my opponent was playing Honor masons, so they can delete him pretty fast. I think I'm going to stick with Harry because I like his cheap source of fire, and he has the pushes and KD like Averisse has, but there's the added benefit of the Hat aura.

Play with both and see who you like though. I feel I play AnG better overall, but when taking them I like to have a burn source so I feel compelled to play Mercury, where with Harry I have a burn aoe already so I can play Calculus.

Honestly I've been very back and forth on this but after playing AnG I feel for me Harry takes the spot.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:38 PM, Rvianarpg said:

hi guys. Me again. 

Im still struggling to win a game ! at least to play it better! 

So i was thinking:

should i use Harry or Avarice and greede? - Actually i still dont have the Harry Miniature, but i am trying to see the best team i can field. 

normally i lost games due to people crowlding me out! 

it´s becoming very frustrating ! 

so any help ill be very glad!

Harry is a star. To start, Molotov is another 3" AoE effect. Then, you've got Goad, which when bonus timed, can shut down some strikers real fast. He's got TAC7 when crazy, Inspiring Hat Aura is amazing for your entire team that isn't Midas, he's got lots of momentus pushes in his playbook, plus Rising Anger to help more for the momentum race. He's just fantastic, while A&G are great, they don't really bring a lot to the team that you don't already do. 

Harry is very much a support piece.  Depending on the rest of your line up, you may get a lot more work done by A&G since as a duo they are self sufficient and have a lot of both goal and take out potential.

On 04/05/2017 at 2:30 AM, MechMage said:

Harry is very much a support piece.  Depending on the rest of your line up, you may get a lot more work done by A&G since as a duo they are self sufficient and have a lot of both goal and take out potential.

But what a support piece! He and oKat can destroy almost anyone between them, with Crazy his counterattacks are vicious, Burning AoE for 1 can be very powerful (won my last game at Vengeance partly due to Harry constantly putting the AoE in front of my opponents vKat to block charges), a bonus times Goad can completely prevent a player achieving anything, and to top it off, more than half the time your opponent doesn't want to target him at all due to those counters and Rising Anger. Plus he's great with Smoke as he loves KD'ing and Burning targets for vKat, and :>>: them somewhere for vKat to get a clean charge.