Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

malladin.ben

Fanzine looking for submissions

Hi all

After a short discussion on Twitter recently I have decided I'd like to start a Guild Ball fanzine. I've already got a name: "Jumpers for Goalposts" (a reference to the sort of amateur casual football played by kids in the park or on the school field, but also to the Fast Show's Ron Manager sketches for those old enough and British enough to remember him)

I'm on the look out for submissions. I'm looking for:

- fan art with a guild ball theme

- home brewed model rules or format variants (I want to do a bit of playtesting to assure quality here, so if you submit in this category expect a bit of back and forth so that we can get your ideas as balanced as a bunch of amateurs can)

- fan fiction

- model reviews (stats, gameplay or hobby aspects)

- opinion pieces 

- 3rd party product reviews

- battle or tournament report

- painted model pictures for a hobby gallery 

- painting and conversion guides

- anything else people can come up with Guild Ball themed

I'm happy to recycle previously posted blog articles with a link to your blog to help you promote it.

I'd also like it to maintain a club directory and tournament diary, so send me those things too.

I'm also keen to try and create a bit of a standards check for the home brew game material, so if you'd like to volunteer to be part of a playtest team sign up by emailing me on the address below.

Fanzine will be available to be downloaded for free from my website (www.theblackorifice.co.uk), but I may print off some copies to sell at cost at major events.

Send your submissions to malladin (dot) ben (at) googlemail (dot) com

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hey Ben I got some fan fiction I wrote during the our first league where I played Butchers ( Ox led) its on our facebook group for the league I'll see if I can group it and mail it. I also created tge Tailors guild during my lunch break in work on a spread sheet, still some WIP but if u want I could mail u what I got on that already aswel.

kind regards

@HuggyTheBear No deadline. When I get enough content I'll publish, then I'll start putting together the next issue. It'll work on a rolling basis.

@Driezeke for game content I want to have a bit of back and forth with some play testers so get them to a point they could be played and then we'll give you some feedback and start a development cycle.

52 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

@HuggyTheBear No deadline. When I get enough content I'll publish, then I'll start putting together the next issue. It'll work on a rolling basis.

@Driezeke for game content I want to have a bit of back and forth with some play testers so get them to a point they could be played and then we'll give you some feedback and start a development cycle.

Well most of them are already playeble, just still working a bit on the mascot and in the progress of adding a second captain and mascot for more  diversaty in the team.Also been playing with the idea of the bakers guild but progress on that one is slow

Feel free to browse through Diceotfirstdegree.blogspot.com and pick and choose what you'd like.  There's a ton of painting articles and such I've already done, and I'm planning on updating the Statistical Analysis of Guildball article to Season 3 in the near future.

Also, I've got a ton of painted stuff, I'll send you the pics and if you can use them, great.