Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
Entrox Licher

Class-Specific Treasures

Simple question really.  With some of the reviews out, I seem to be getting the idea from them that a class treasure can only be used by that class.  I always just assumed that if someone else had the stats for it, and the party thought it better, than someone else could use it.  Is that not the case?  Can't find anything in the rulebook specifying one way or the other.

15 minutes ago, Entrox Licher said:

Simple question really.  With some of the reviews out, I seem to be getting the idea from them that a class treasure can only be used by that class.  I always just assumed that if someone else had the stats for it, and the party thought it better, than someone else could use it.  Is that not the case?  Can't find anything in the rulebook specifying one way or the other.

Class-specific weapons are only specific in that they are added to the deck only when that class is being played.

Aside from that they can be used by any player as long as they fulfill the requirements.

I don't tnink that there are class specific equipment. In-game, a Knight can equip catalysts, robes and learn spells just like a sorcerer, and SFG wanted to be as close to the videogame as possible. Maybe the class treasure is just a label for some things that are useful for the intended role of the class, or maybe is just because the requirements make it harder to use if you have another character.

E.G.: A miracle good for supporting could be a class treasure for the herald, not only because the class is aimed for tanking/supporting but it will be easier to achieve the stats required if you are playing with the herald (A good amount of Faith in this case).

1 minute ago, Trusty Patches said:

I don't tnink that there are class specific equipment. In-game, a Knight can equip catalysts, robes and learn spells just like a sorcerer, and SFG wanted to be as close to the videogame as possible. Maybe the class treasure is just a label for some things that are useful for the intended role of the class, or maybe is just because the requirements make it harder to use if you have another character.

E.G.: A miracle good for supporting could be a class treasure for the herald, not only because the class is aimed for tanking/supporting but it will be easier to achieve the stats required for the herald (A good amount of Faith in this case).

I could see that. Ultimately, class specific treasure is just only in the game if that character is being played. Anyone can equip to.

There are a few equipment cards with such high stat requirements that some classes can't use them (outside of campaign mode).

Other than that limitation on some very high-end equipment, though, every character can use every equipment card.