Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steamforged

Blog: Sowing the Seeds of Victory

Sprint killing crops makes me nervous, but at least it's not a jog so opponents have to pay for it. I want to see the rest so I can think about where to plant for best results! 50% sun?

Didn't expect jack straw to be a planter for sure. I'm also just curious who the plays belong to.

Slothrop likes this

35 minutes ago, burroboskov said:

I'm excited for Corny puns in the play names!

Bean there done that. I could Carrot less about Corny puns. Soy anymore and I'll probably Artichoke. Lettuce discuss something more exciting. Vegetables.

I'll admit I like the idea of a chicken and a donkey (how can you not) but I am genuinely bummed we didn't get a pig. Hunters got a bear, can farmers get a guy that was turned into a pig? Or a man-bear-pig? Think of all the opportunities there are where a pig model would be helpful like... well I mean you get the point.

burroboskov likes this

3 minutes ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Bean there done that. I could Carrot less about Corny puns. Soy anymore and I'll probably Artichoke. Lettuce discuss something more exciting. Vegetables.

I'll admit I like the idea of a chicken and a donkey (how can you not) but I am genuinely bummed we didn't get a pig. Hunters got a bear, can farmers get a guy that was turned into a pig? Or a man-bear-pig? Think of all the opportunities there are where a pig model would be helpful like... well I mean you get the point.

I wouldn't dairy to guess what they've got planned, but I assume truffles has that market cornered.  Still, a sugeggstion doesn't hurt. No farm no fowl.

36 minutes ago, burroboskov said:

I wouldn't dairy to guess what they've got planned, but I assume truffles has that market cornered.  Still, a sugeggstion doesn't hurt. No farm no fowl.

Yeah I Yam just a little Sower about the butchers getting a pig and the Farmers not. Perhaps two pigs models would be a little too Cucumbersome. But Hay, what are ya gonna do? I think we all need to just keep an even Kale and everything will be just peachy (peach farmers count.) All these little leeks from Steam Forged help make up for it. I just hope they don't Squash my dreams of a pig model for farmers but I understand their decision is Fennel.

EDIT: I'll Romaine hopeful. Knew I forgot one.

burroboskov and Csjarrat like this

57 minutes ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Truffles is already in the game... I'd rather have different animal Mascots...

5 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Truffles is already in the game... I'd rather have different animal Mascots...

I get that but Truffles is more of a boar. I was thinking like a pot-belly kinda pig. I 'spose they are close enough that I won't hold my breath but a man can dream can't he? I'm still hoping for a crab people mascot for the fish but I think it might be time to abandon that pipe dream.

Just now, Pending Forum Suspension said:

I get that but Truffles is more of a boar. I was thinking like a pot-belly kinda pig. I 'spose they are close enough that I won't hold my breath but a man can dream can't he? I'm still hoping for a crab people mascot for the fish but I think it might be time to abandon that pipe dream.

I think a crab would be a cool Fishermen Mascot. There are lots of cool animals you could do for a Farmers team though - I was hoping for a dairy cow...

The blog suggests a plough for the donkey ... maybe it could put down double the harvest markers if it's pulling a plough! But donkeys are stubborn, so maybe Veteran Donkey could be a draught horse.

2 hours ago, ADG said:

The blog suggests a plough for the donkey ... maybe it could put down double the harvest markers if it's pulling a plough! But donkeys are stubborn, so maybe Veteran Donkey could be a draught horse.

I don't think that's how donkeys work...

Ziggy, Arkin, Selfy and 1 other like this

15 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Nintendo donkeys are not even fucking real, man. 

I should hope not. Dude's got a serious case of squid eyes. It's terrifying.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I should hope not. Dude's got a serious case of squid eyes. It's terrifying.

And that's the first time any thread has left me with the word "squonkey" drifting about my head...

Ziggy likes this

26 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Half-squid/Half-donkey! I knew the Fishermen/Farmer collab was a bad plan.

You mean you don't want a cross between the Crab Fighting Game and Stardew valley

It's like the old science joke - what do you get if you cross an octopus with a cow?

a rebuke from the ethics committee and all your funding pulled :P

Ziggy and RedSam like this