Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karajohn

New Hunters info in SFG blog

369 posts in this topic

I really dig them. They kept their Hunter feel, and I think Skatha really opens up our game. Sure, their kick stats are not super long, but if you wanted that, go play Fish or Alchs. The wolf looks amazing. Uhlr looks like a lot of fun.  Pretty stoked on the rumors so far. 

Yep, some cool new toys. I like Ambush and the wolf. Snowball also looks pretty fun. The Zarola-Fahad duo gains a little boost

For theron from australia - 

Skatha sounds awesome -- i'm pretty sure hunters will be a force to be reckoned with now

I like the sound of all of them! I can see at least 3 going into my 9 man squad- skatha, orc-man (sorry!), and one of wolf or vet hearne.

All sound really interesting, different and in keeping with the hunters theme/style.

looking forward to seeing the actual cards.

• In Nature’s Chillthings start to get interesting. This Character Trait lets Skatha freeze the pitch, creating a [3”] area of effect (AOE) of fast-ground. And when any model moves over fast-ground during an Advance, it gains [+2”/+2”] MOV for the remainder of that Advance. 

I'm unsure I would like my enemy to get more movement on their charges to basically take out a team that has little in the way of defense in the first place.

Cadilon and wrenwood like this

Was getting a bit worried after Vet Hearne was spoiled (he just isn't my playstyle) but Skatha, Ulf and Snow are sounding great!  Very much looking forward to that new box next week! :)

Napoleon likes this

Still like Theron and there is stuf I still want to try with him, I don't intend to kill him off.

This article has put some doubt to rest for me, I now think these players will help old and new than simply make the team. I am worried however of the idea of giving Fast Ground, it's a double edge sword but I guess when to use it, where you use it and minimising the enemies use out of it is going to play a part in it

So yeah, a week can't come fast enough

2 minutes ago, Major_Fokker said:
  • In Nature’s Chillthings start to get interesting. This Character Trait lets Skatha freeze the pitch, creating a [3”] area of effect (AOE) of fast-ground. And when any model moves over fast-ground during an Advance, it gains [+2”/+2”] MOV for the remainder of that Advance. 

I'm unsure I would like my enemy to get more movement on their charges to basically take out a team that has little in the way of defense in the first place.

You can always just put the AOE down more or less behind the player(s) you want to boost with it, so that their bases are touching it but your opponent will not be likely to reach it.

DrillbossD likes this

Nature's Chill does sound super situational to avoid helping your enemy. If it's 8" though it might be useful on flanks. But there is a reason fast ground can't be placed more than 6" on...

It will certainly be an art form of how best to use it, but I think this is part of the puzzle Hunters have already had to deal with.

24 minutes ago, Major_Fokker said:

Be careful where you put it then?

DrillbossD likes this

One question, if Skatha has both the real ball and the snowball, and an enemy gets a Tackle result (from a counter or a parting blow), which ball does the enemy take?

Got a question: Skatha places the Nature's chill AOE, Zarola targets ulfr with midnight offering, Ulfr jogs and just enters the AOE, earning the movement boost. Later on, at Ulfr's activation, since it begins in fast ground, does he earns the boost again?

Even if not, Ulfr has a great threat range this way. I guess we won't see any dodges in his playbook but still, he can easily score Turn1. He can move 15" owning the ball, before his own activation

if skatha has the ball, a snowball, and wrecker, which one is really the ball?

Just now, karajohn said:

Got a question: Skatha places the Nature's chill AOE, Zarola targets ulfr with midnight offering, Ulfr jogs and just enters the AOE, earning the movement boost. Later on, at Ulfr's activation, since it begins in fast ground, does he earns the boost again?

Even if not, Ulfr has a great threat range this way. I guess we won't see any dodges in his playbook but still, he can easily score Turn1. He can move 15" owning the ball, before his own activation

absolutely he does

5 minutes ago, karajohn said:

According to the rulebook, the fast ground benefit can be gained once per Advance. So, you can get the benefit twice with Zarola's Midnight Offering.

5 minutes ago, karajohn said:

Later on, at Ulfr's activation, since it begins in fast ground, does he earns the boost again?

Fast ground bonus is once per Advance not once per activation, so yes he gains both boosts.

This makes a 26" for Ulfr(28 if he manages to damage someone meanwhile), without including any possible dodges.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

if skatha has the ball, a snowball, and wrecker, which one is really the ball?

I think Snowball is simply an object created to gain Mom, thus not actually the ball, therefore its back to wrecker and Ball me thinks.

Assuming he has a 5" base movement, his goal threat could be:

5" from Midnight Offering + 2" from Fast Ground + 7" from its own Sprint + 2" from Fast Ground again + 4" from a Teamwork of the real ball + 4" from a Teamwork of the snowball + 1" from attacking to someone with a frost-token + 2" from Blood Scent + 6" from its own kick distance + 4" from Where'd they go?= 37"

It's funny!!

PD: +4 of Where'd they go?, I forget it!!

I really like how it seems that you can use Skatha in two roles: either as a super-solo striker, or to help boost your team's mobility, which will potentially help the killy hunters teams as much as potential ball-playing ones. Snow is similarly good for both combat and goal-scoring teams (arguably better for the combat ones on what we've seen so far)

Just now, Major_Fokker said:

I think Snowball is simply an object created to gain Mom, thus not actually the ball, therefore its back to wrecker and Ball me thinks.

It is just to generate mom. Possible use: chaska kicks, later on the turn skatha plays snowball for the mom, OHearne plays blessing to chaska, and chaska plays Boom Box 3 times

My experience is that usually moving the ball up on midnight offering means the ball is going to be lost when the opponent activates after zarola.  

My gut reaction is that these will be very fun to play, but nothing was revealed about how these new hunters fare at actually retrieving the ball off an enemy player which is the first problem for any football based team.  No more access to 2" melee than before and presumably still mediocre defensive stats means even with good T in playbooks, outside the legendary getting the ball and avoiding a counter tackle is going to be rough nm the difficulty UM continues to pose.

Also because it's my nature, I won't be surprised if ulfr is 2/3 inf which will severely limit his striker ability outside the wingback card (see this season's shank)

wrenwood likes this

2 minutes ago, Petraites said:

Assuming he has a 5" base movement, his goal threat could be:

5" from Midnight Offering + 2" from Fast Ground + 7" from its own Sprint + 2" from Fast Ground again + 4" from a Teamwork of the real ball + 4" from a Teamwork of the snowball + 1" from attacking to someone with a frost-token + 2" from Blood Scent + 6" from its own kick distance + 4" from Where'd they go?= 37"

It's funny!!

PD: +4 of Where'd they go?, I forget it!!

I forgot, Where'd... and sprint !!! Which makes me a bad player