Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
ADG

Who's going to die in the Season Three rulebook?

31 posts in this topic

Less than two weeks to go until the new rulebook comes out. Before it does, I was wondering which characters people think won't make it out of season three alive?

Let's start the guesswork, and then we can check back in a fortnight and see if anyone got it right!

Rage seems to be in a vulnerable situation... although it wouldn't surprise me to see him escape somehow.

Suspect that there could be one or two Union casualties though.

Wonder whether Ox bears a grudge against Boar? I'd guess not actually as he seemed unsurprised and accepting at the end of Season 1.

Seemed like there was a big struggle fermenting in the Brewers Guild but not convinced any of the team would die... but it'd be the Maldriven contingent (Tapper, Hooper, Stave) who seem most threatened.

I wonder if there will be anything more on the Mist/Siren/Kraken arc? Mist's Solthecian trait suggests that we might see some sort of development there.

Alchemists and Engineers both had significant internal disputes in S2 as well and kind of suffered casualties (Katalyst, Velocity). Whether Ballista/Salvo v Pin Vice will lead to more bloodshed (oilshed?) will be interesting, and Calculus could fall victim to her own scheming?

Morticians and Masons had big losses in S2 (Ghast, Honour) but Hammer is clearly embroiled in dodgy things and someone else paying the price would be unsurprising. Tower is seen as the future of the team so if someone wanted to strike a blow... or Flint would be a big loss.

Silence could get too bold in his Starscream-esque plotting (but I doubt it), beyond him the Morticians seem to be operating very much on the downlow.

Only other thing that occurs to me is whether the Winter takeover in the Hunters means bad things for Theron

I think Captain Rage days are numbered, I hope Gutter comes back to act her bloody revenge on him, maybe she will get a Veteran version who Is Solthecian.

I think Spigot will die a glorious death, be buried in a tomb, and rise up three days later, as Seasoned Spigod: Solthecius Reborn.

4 minutes ago, JS said:

I think Spigot will die a glorious death, be buried in a tomb, and rise up three days later, as Seasoned Spigod: Solthecius Reborn.

Spigot will die so you can be absolved of your sins.

Truffles, because hey, Bacon!!

I actually think there will be at least one casualty out o the butchers due to the Civil war, Will we see Shank and Tenderiser take on Boar and Boiler. While I would hate to see the young lad die I think the death of Boiler could reunite the team quite well, and he did have his little moral dilemma portion in the civil war where he was divided between factions......

I think Boar could be in big trouble. In the civil war story both sides thought Ox was dead ... even Fillet was trying to work out who killed Ox when she went to see Rage. So it seems like Boar didn't tell anyone the truth about what happened when he abandoned Ox. His team mates might not be impressed when they find out ... let alone Veteran Ox and his hungering for vengeance!

Flint is gonna die. That golden boy has had it too good for too long... I don't think Boar dies, maybe beat down nearly to death but I don't think he dies...

Vet Hearne is wearing Obby's coat. Also, Rage. 

On 4/9/2017 at 7:44 AM, Disco Stupac said:

Rage seems to be in a vulnerable situation... although it wouldn't surprise me to see him escape somehow.

Suspect that there could be one or two Union casualties though.

Wonder whether Ox bears a grudge against Boar? I'd guess not actually as he seemed unsurprised and accepting at the end of Season 1.

Seemed like there was a big struggle fermenting in the Brewers Guild but not convinced any of the team would die... but it'd be the Maldriven contingent (Tapper, Hooper, Stave) who seem most threatened.

I wonder if there will be anything more on the Mist/Siren/Kraken arc? Mist's Solthecian trait suggests that we might see some sort of development there.

Alchemists and Engineers both had significant internal disputes in S2 as well and kind of suffered casualties (Katalyst, Velocity). Whether Ballista/Salvo v Pin Vice will lead to more bloodshed (oilshed?) will be interesting, and Calculus could fall victim to her own scheming?

Morticians and Masons had big losses in S2 (Ghast, Honour) but Hammer is clearly embroiled in dodgy things and someone else paying the price would be unsurprising. Tower is seen as the future of the team so if someone wanted to strike a blow... or Flint would be a big loss.

Silence could get too bold in his Starscream-esque plotting (but I doubt it), beyond him the Morticians seem to be operating very much on the downlow.

Only other thing that occurs to me is whether the Winter takeover in the Hunters means bad things for Theron

See, I feel like Silence could maybe come out on top. If Obby is actually dead, he might be able to get himself into a position of power, provided Scalpel doesn't have something to say about it. 

*cough* Obulus *cough*

I hope he dies in some very boring fashion.  Choked on a Vienna sausage / Tripped over the rug in the bathroom / Some child he kicked on the side of the street had chicken pox and he gets it and dies / Other birds think he is a bird because of his feathers and they don't like him so they crap on him from above - he looks up at the wrong time and it gets in his eyes, causing an infection in his eyes, leading to detached eyeballs (it's really a thing) and he walks into a beam at a construction site, because he is blind, and dies.

Something like that. :P

There's going to be a big twist, and Steamforged will shock you all, and no one will die...

It'll be a mascot. Watch poor Salt get taken out by Avarisse and/or Greede. Fans riot. The Second Century Wars begin.

51 minutes ago, TehMik said:

It'll be a mascot. Watch poor Salt get taken out by Avarisse and/or Greede. Fans riot. The Second Century Wars begin.

Doubles as the background for a fantasy battle game. Make it happen Sherwin! Except don't because we love Salt :(

18 hours ago, Ik-tornado said:

A loved creature mascot. It will be the first truly saddening scene.

Salt!

Needs to die!

Would make an excellent winter coat for a baby.

6 hours ago, noob said:

*cough* Obulus *cough*

I hope he dies in some very boring fashion.  Choked on a Vienna sausage / Tripped over the rug in the bathroom / Some child he kicked on the side of the street had chicken pox and he gets it and dies / Other birds think he is a bird because of his feathers and they don't like him so they crap on him from above - he looks up at the wrong time and it gets in his eyes, causing an infection in his eyes, leading to detached eyeballs (it's really a thing) and he walks into a beam at a construction site, because he is blind, and dies.

Something like that. :P

Someone isn't over S2 :P

Harry is beaten to death with his own monkey wrench in his sleep by an unknown assailant. All Union players refuse to play for other guilds until the killer comes forward. Unfortunately the perpetrator is never found.

8 hours ago, Selfy said:

Harry is beaten to death with his own monkey wrench in his sleep by an unknown assailant. All Union players refuse to play for other guilds until the killer comes forward. Unfortunately the perpetrator is never found.

THEY KILLED OFF MY SNAKE!!!

So I am blaming obulus. ^_^

#CoinIsOutHarambe