Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Ik-tornado

Collected Farmers Spoilers

105 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, FearLord said:

Don't Fear the... is once per turn.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned about Thresher is his 3/8" kick stat. With extended melee, dodges off his momentous KD or a non momentous dodge on 1 he's got a decent goal threat and kick off pressure. I love me some Thresher...

its a very cheeky counter attack too, moving an inch away AND KDing might ruin some models day

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I want to start 'proxying' them on Vassal (there's no local scene here, sadly), but I just realized that I don't know of any models that even come near their health pools. Also, in Ziggy's neverending rules questions: Would having Jack sprint his whopping 4" from a marker that he was in base with destroy the marker? And can he crop dust an area with no enemies?

I'll add the harvest marker text to the collected spoilers probably tonight or tomorrow morning (2:30 am EST currently) but the exact text is

"A Player may only have up to [5] friendly harvest-markers on the pitch at once. When a moves into base contact with a harvest-marker during a sprint or charge, the harvest-marker is removed from the pitch. During the maintenance phase, before Influence is allocated, a Player may remove any number of friendly harvest-markers from the Pitch and add [+1] Influence to the friendly team's Influence-pool for that turn for each harvest-marker removed."

Now if we look at that wording compared to ramming speed here It would seem that yes Jackstraw would remove it if he sprints while starting the advance base to base.

3 minutes ago, Ik-tornado said:

I'll add the harvest marker text to the collected spoilers probably tonight or tomorrow morning (2:30 am EST currently) but the exact text is

"A Player may only have up to [5] friendly harvest-markers on the pitch at once. When a moves into base contact with a harvest-marker during a sprint or charge, the harvest-marker is removed from the pitch. During the maintenance phase, before Influence is allocated, a Player may remove any number of friendly harvest-markers from the Pitch and add [+1] Influence to the friendly team's Influence-pool for that turn for each harvest-marker removed."

Now if we look at that wording compared to ramming speed here It would seem that yes Jackstraw would remove it if he sprints while starting the advance base to base.

I'd think that, but the harvest markers specifically say "When a moves into base contact with a harvest-marker during a sprint or charge, the harvest-marker is removed from the pitch." Whereas Ramming Speed only says the bases need to be touched. I feel like that distinction might be important.

4 minutes ago, Ik-tornado said:

The wording of Ramming speed is completely different though - it effects models who's bases are touched during and advance. Starting the advance base to base meets that requirement. 

The Harvest Marker wording requires a model move into base contact, I.e. Change their position on the board so that they weren't touching it and then they were. A model could sprint back a fraction of an inch to destroy a harvest marker, but starting base to base with one doesn't automatically destroy one if you sprint or charge.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

its a very cheeky counter attack too, moving an inch away AND KDing might ruin some models day

Indeed, especially on his Legendary turn, as that KD on 3 becomes a lot more reliable (or you could even spike his non momentous KD + damage results).

3 minutes ago, FearLord said:

The Harvest Marker wording requires a model move into base contact, I.e. Change their position on the board so that they weren't touching it and then they were. A model could sprint back a fraction of an inch to destroy a harvest marker, but starting base to base with one doesn't automatically destroy one if you sprint or charge.

The Jackstraw goal threat lives!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno that's on that level of English I don't operate on. Just tried going off of previous stuff as much as possible. I could see how it wouldn't

If you read it in the way that you must move into base contact during a sprint ot charge, then that opens up other things, like if you plant a marker base to base with a model, then he cant charge to remove it because how can you move into base contact if you already are in base contact. you could still do it with a sprint since you can just nudge back then go over, but still seems like not the intention of the rule, just wording that allows for a "stetch" of how to read it another way.

4 hours ago, Ik-tornado said:

P-chow. Now we wait for our lawyer overlords?

So it looks like ruling is that you have to cross over the markers base partially so Jack doesn't destroy them by sprinting away from base contact, which is good!

Is there any chance that we get all of the players in a box upon release? Otherwise they aren't even a team you can realistically take to a tournament for a while because you will only have 6 players and no union. I suppose you can have 7 if you have the LE tater model. 

All the models exist, so I would expect the 6-man starter and 4-man expansion to be available at the same time.

3 hours ago, Ik-tornado said:

Yup. Don't think overlapping being the trigger was even on our considered list so good thing we asked lol

That was mostly due to the wording just saying moving into contact, doesn't really put your mind into moving over it. Personally I think they could have worded it better, but they can't think of everything ALL the time :P

1 hour ago, RedSam said:

All the models exist, so I would expect the 6-man starter and 4-man expansion to be available at the same time.

More importantly, I wonder if metal Tater will be in the locker room at Salute.

3 hours ago, RedSam said:

I wouldn't. I'll be willing to bet they stagger the releases. Makes for a better business model.

6 minutes ago, Wildeybeast said:

I wouldn't. I'll be willing to bet they stagger the releases. Makes for a better business model.

Yeah that is my fear. If they do that, it will be a while until you can even build a 9 man roster which would be pretty miserable. 

Considering that the Farmers apparently won't be able to field any Union models that means releasing just the 6 man box on its own gives people exactly one single team of Farmers they can field for potentially months straight. Seems like an awful way to start off a Guild.

10 hours ago, Killermonkey said:

Yeah that is my fear. If they do that, it will be a while until you can even build a 9 man roster which would be pretty miserable. 

makes me think they will have to release them simultaneously, or at least, with a delay that isn't very large. it'd be brutal to be playing a 6 player guild until the expansion.

On 21/04/2017 at 10:19 PM, Wildeybeast said:

They have already officially stated otherwise, all new team will come with a 6 man box and a 4 player expansion. Whether or not both will be available day one I don't know :)

4 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

They have already officially stated otherwise, all new team will come with a 6 man box and a 4 player expansion. Whether or not both will be available day one I don't know :)

I think @CurlyPaul meant by "stagger the releases" that they would release the 6-man starter and the 4-man expansion on different days, not that the 4-man box would actually be four separate, staggered releases. Stagger might not be the best word when describing the relative temporal location of only two events.

4 hours ago, RedSam said:

I think @CurlyPaul meant by "stagger the releases" that they would release the 6-man starter and the 4-man expansion on different days, not that the 4-man box would actually be four separate, staggered releases. Stagger might not be the best word when describing the relative temporal location of only two events.

Ahhh I'm with you, sorry I'd had a few ales last night and perhaps wasn't thinking very clearly. 

If anyone hasn't seen, here are some nicely painted farmers from the Salute showcase. You can also see the farmers terrain piece:

P1020584_zpsnsyn9qiy.jpg

P1020585_zpsxhl2lmqo.jpg

I have to honestly say, those look good. I'm not a fan of Steamforged going to plastic models but the figures here in the picture look good. I think I will now withhold final judgement on the plastic switch until I see the physical models. So far these look much better than Malifaux's plastic models.

William

My hopes for the plastic models continue to rise. After seeing the Dark Souls' models I'm definitely feeling more positive about the Farmers.