Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ik-tornado

Collected Farmers Spoilers

97 posts in this topic

Now that the Guild is starting to come together in Ultra Official™ form, I thought it'd be helpful to post all Ultra Official™ spoilers in one place so you can compare synergies with ease. I'll update it as new stuff surfaces and I'm aware.

All officially spoiled cards together http://imgur.com/a/Ws0QC

Individual links to the official source 
Windle 
http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/36541-welcome-to-the-farmer-sub-forum/

Harrow 
http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/36688-harrow/

Bushel
http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/36687-bushel/

All others from book

I wonder if we could get a spoiler on what Union members play for the farmers ... I've got a couple of spare Union models that I might try in a farmers colour scheme if they fit. I guess we can probably rely on Avarisse + Greede playing for farmers.

Stupid forums won't allow me to like this (hit my like limit already), but thank you!

Cole likes this

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they started to get rid of union models on teams. It was necessary at the beginning of the game for variety, and you can't take models away from people who spent money and time on them, but for the new teams they aren't necessary. That said, Harry or decimate (really efficient attackers) would be nice :) 

1 hour ago, Killermonkey said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they started to get rid of union models on teams. It was necessary at the beginning of the game for variety, and you can't take models away from people who spent money and time on them, but for the new teams they aren't necessary. That said, Harry or decimate (really efficient attackers) would be nice :) 

I'd be very surprised, union players offer an extra degree of team customisation that steamforge can tweak season to season (team struggling with striking? okay they get Mist now etc).  Some teams crutch on their union model more than others as well, and one team that doesn't crutch on union (fish) are already top dog. Removing union would be a big buff to fish (and any team that doesnt need union) and a nerf to others. Most teams play with a union model in their 9.

TehMik likes this

I hope our union options aren't out yet as of the time of this post if only to mix things up!

In prediction mode: when looking at union options in other guild we often see abilities that are similar to the guild's unique design aspects plus A&G which do everything. So far what we know about Farmers unique ID is
1: Healing abilities. This could give Hemlocke another team to be ignored in, though smelling salts got nerfed to only curing status effects so....
2: INF shenanigans. I don't think this could apply to any current union models.
3: Poor defensive stats. Fangtooth maybe, but this feels like reaching.

So to me the only ones that fit naturally are Hemlocke and A&G. We still have plenty of space to see the Farmer's identity expand to fit existing union models. I would like to be more new and share new union players that fits us and Hunters better.

The spoiler I particularly want to know about is their release date. It's now looking unlikely that they will be released at Salute and SFG have announced preorders for products up until the end of June, so I'm a bit concerned that we are going to have rules for the Farmers in a few weeks but no models for a few months. That would be a bit frustrating.

58 minutes ago, Wildeybeast said:

The spoiler I particularly want to know about is their release date. It's now looking unlikely that they will be released at Salute and SFG have announced preorders for products up until the end of June, so I'm a bit concerned that we are going to have rules for the Farmers in a few weeks but no models for a few months. That would be a bit frustrating.

man I hope its not a gen con release, my chances of getting to go this year are looking very slim atm..

5 minutes ago, Luthon1234 said:

man I hope its not a gen con release, my chances of getting to go this year are looking very slim atm..

I hope not so I can play them at gencon.

But I'm still hopeful for a May release, for at least the 6 player box.

From the latest blog. Not necessarily farmer's but...

"And don't forget to check back this Friday (April 7) for a taste what we have planned for Salute. Hint: It definitely has nothing to do with the Hunters."

masterkdog likes this

My guess is they are holding them back so that April is HUNTERS month in the sun. I expect May/June is more realistic.

Is there a rule somewhere in some forum or rulebook that "rerolls" can only happen once per roll? If not, we've found the first Farmers errata cause right now Bushel can never miss a kick after putting up Cabbage Punt >.< 

1 hour ago, Slothrop said:

Is there a rule somewhere in some forum or rulebook that "rerolls" can only happen once per roll? If not, we've found the first Farmers errata cause right now Bushel can never miss a kick after putting up Cabbage Punt >.< 

I imagine it's like confidence where you don't reroll the rerolls. Since it's not like obulus makes another attack. But yeah this will probably end up on the rules forum as an "everyone understands, but the wording needs improved" like this

Slothrop likes this

20 hours ago, ADG said:

I wonder if we could get a spoiler on what Union members play for the farmers ... I've got a couple of spare Union models that I might try in a farmers colour scheme if they fit. I guess we can probably rely on Avarisse + Greede playing for farmers.

Steamforged Said In a Interview a while back that Farmers wouldn't have Union Players.

3 minutes ago, Kueller said:

Steamforged Said In a Interview a while back that Farmers wouldn't have Union Players.

What was the reasoning behind that?

Just now, Selfy said:

What was the reasoning behind that?

If I remember correctly, It was to do them being a new Guild to the Big League, them Just starting out.

On 06/04/2017 at 8:04 AM, LeadDiceandBeers said:

From the latest blog. Not necessarily farmer's but...

"And don't forget to check back this Friday (April 7) for a taste what we have planned for Salute. Hint: It definitely has nothing to do with the Hunters."

While actually it was very much to do with the Hunters, as it was a Hunters team bundle and Masons team bundle....

Next blog - "What about the Limited Edition models and other specials? Check back Monday! We're gonna leave you on tenterhooks for now... "

....still waiting on those hooks....  Blogs with teasers are awesome, but when they're not actually accurate it's quite disappointing.

Huge Guild Ball fan so bought tickets to Salute for the first time this year specifically based on their presence from previous years.  Still have fingers crossed there'll be something good.

43 minutes ago, Grenoir said:

Huge Guild Ball fan so bought tickets to Salute for the first time this year specifically based on their presence from previous years.  Still have fingers crossed there'll be something good.

Despite them dropping the ball on announcements and stuff I think it's pretty safe to assume there will be either exclusives or exciting releases at Salute. That event has a special place in the company's heart for sure. 

On 06/04/2017 at 8:21 PM, Kueller said:

If I remember correctly, It was to do them being a new Guild to the Big League, them Just starting out.

That's a fluff reason and I find that a little hard to understand. Now I'm all for fluff and really enjoy that aspect of the game, but surely that would mean Snakeskin can no longer play for the Union and Brisket can no longer play for Butchers. And that's just picking two off the top of my head.

Kueller likes this

1 minute ago, Selfy said:

That's a fluff reason and I find that a little hard to understand. Now I'm all for fluff and really enjoy that aspect of the game, but surely that would mean Snakeskin can no longer play for the Union and Brisket can no longer play for Butchers. And that's just picking two off the top of my head.

You have a good point!

I would like more fluff based stuff to effect the like been thinking Butchers need a new dedicated Striker since Brisket has left ect

Selfy likes this

1 hour ago, Grenoir said:

Steamforged had a big stand there last year with lots of staff and Dark Souls demos ... looked like one of the biggest companies there. Haven't pre-ordered S3 rulebook yet as I'm hoping there'll be a special offer of some sort!

ps. Tourist tip for Salute-attenders ... you can get to (or from) the Excel centre by cable car over the Thames, for a change of view:

http://www.emiratesairline.co.uk/tickets-information/

(Although it's probably slower and more expensive than the DLR this way!)

1 hour ago, Kueller said:

You have a good point!

I would like more fluff based stuff to effect the like been thinking Butchers need a new dedicated Striker since Brisket has left ect

I can't bear to take Boar with veteran Ox.

Kueller likes this

7 hours ago, Selfy said:

I can't bear to take Boar with veteran Ox.

I haven't either but I think because they take up the same slot In my Roster