Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mako

Easter Mascot Challenge - Finished entries

34 posts in this topic

Hi all,

As promised, a thread to post up your entries for the contest! Please remember the rules (and photography suggestions), I've copied them below:

Max three photos for each entry, don’t go nuts with the photos!

Because taking photos of models can be as tricky as painting them, a few points that might help.

-Try to take photos in soft daylight, like near a window that isn’t getting direct sun.

-Stand closer to the window/light source than the model is, to avoid backlighting.

-Use a mid-grey piece of paper or cloth behind and under the model rather than white, to avoid bleaching out colours.

-Crop the photos down before you post them, so we can see what you've done.

Remember, entries close at midnight on the 14th April (Friday) - this thread will lock at that time so if you haven't gotten something posted by then, your only option is to ask me very nicely :P

We'll have a good look at every entry, and I'll post up the winners the following weekend - I'll also message folks to make sure we have their details so we can send their prizes out!

Good luck all :)

Given my irrational fear of spiders not the sanest choice but a good start to an Engineers team. Since so much of the mini was wood I decided a wood grain base was the best choice.

IMG_0231_zpsrp8nukae.jpg

IMG_0229_zpsofhvlewl.jpg

IMG_0230_zpsd7zq9zjn.jpg

My entry!!! 

I wanted to give more life to the wodden parts, so I put some red tones on the shadows but the NMM on the legs, body and gears took me about 70% of the time to finish it.

I also added some blue OSL lights to the eyes to give it the colour of my Engineers team.

For finishing, since I'm spanish I gave to the ball the strange colours of the ball which is played in La Liga.

0a0dc8e928ce3611edd08040698e02efo.jpg

3de85ca4cbb890aa05e988230c3ca091o.jpg

9d3ec58f809e5c7973e883e87cfeb774o.jpg

Here is my Springbox (Strongbox) entry. 

I had a couple more angles but gave up trying to shrink the file, crop and find better lighting. As noted, taking a proper photo is tough, hah.

I hope you all enjoy this seasonal upgrade. Thanks for hosting this paint challenge. 

imageedit_2_3651982944.jpg

Here's Salt. My schedule before salute is very busy so I had to use something I had painted already. But more painted guild ball is on the way. I record everything I do hobby-related on video now. So it will all end up on my youtube channel. Check it out for Video tutorials and painted miniature showcases.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AHXT4ycU6tNOPhjiWTQlw/videos

So when do we see Veteran Salt?

20161125_125841.jpg

20161125_125910.jpg

20161125_125950.jpg

My Marbles has been based for about a year, so this seemed like a good reason to give him a lick of paint.

2214C6AD-1CCE-48FD-B6AA-7F9D48B82666.jpg