Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
byronthebear

The Sanchex Cup 2!

67 posts in this topic

sanchexcup.png

Welcome everyone to the second Sanchex Cup! For this we have 14 competitors with most of the guilds being represented. The tournament will go on until April 16th with rounds being played every week. After the 4 games the champion will be announced! 

Here is a recap of the rules for this tournament.

Rules:

• Games will be announced every Sunday and must be completed before the start of the next week (00:00 GMT every Sunday)
  • We will be using the OP document rules.
  • You may record/stream games.
  • Games will be organized by you and your opponent for that week.
  • If a agreement can not be decided on a date to play, you will both receive a lost on your record.
  • If you drop out of the tournament you will be black-listed and banned from any future Sanchex Cup tournaments
  • This will be a 4 round tournament, a 5th round will be announce if there is no clear winner.

Now here are all the players!

Participants2.jpg

For this tournament i am using a new online system to set up rounds. Anyone can click this link and get live updates during the week for the scores of the games.

Sanchex Cup 2

Please report your games here in this thread and i will update the sheet asap.

Jared Morticians 12-8 Hayden Alchemists.

Awesome match Smoke vs Obulus. Condition damage galore and trying to stay the hell away from Vet Kat .  Thanks for the game!

4 minutes ago, HammerTime said:

Jared Morticians 12-8 Hayden Alchemists.

Awesome match Smoke vs Obulus. Condition damage galore and trying to stay the hell away from Vet Kat .  Thanks for the game!

was really fun man. Hope there's more match ups for us both like this!

First of all, thanks @byronthebear for organizing this.

However, not only am I missing from the list of players up here, my name was mispelled on Challonge; should I create an account with the misspelt name, or is there a way for me to link my account to the tournament anyway?

5 hours ago, Spinsane said:

First of all, thanks @byronthebear for organizing this.

However, not only am I missing from the list of players up here, my name was mispelled on Challonge; should I create an account with the misspelt name, or is there a way for me to link my account to the tournament anyway?

My mistake i will fix this asap today. If you want it is free but you cannot change anything with out admin access tothe tournament.

I'm simply wondering how Challonge works, that's all... I have an account under the name Spinsane, but was wondering if I was supposed to be able to report results directly there, or if I had to submit them here and you'd take care of the rest..

Tom W. Masons 12 vs 8 Jared N. Brewers.

Really fun game of Hammer vs Esters.

7 takeouts vs 2 takeouts and a goal.

Bombs everywhere, Granite eventually closing the game out whilst tooled up and iron fisted against Hooper.

Great game mate and all the best for the rest of the tournament.

Sid (Brewers) 13 - 9 Tobias (Engineers)

A match that seemed to be under control suddenly turning into a close game. And then a boring beatdown endgame (sorry for that).

Cheers for the match.

Great game Sid - compounds my dislike of Ratchet even more :D. Glad I could make I interesting as for a while it looked terrible. 

15 hours ago, Monolith-Swats said:

Tom W. Masons 12 vs 8 Jared N. Brewers.

Really fun game of Hammer vs Esters.

7 takeouts vs 2 takeouts and a goal.

Bombs everywhere, Granite eventually closing the game out whilst tooled up and iron fisted against Hooper.

Great game mate and all the best for the rest of the tournament.

Confirming outcome. Excellent game, but I couldn't keep up with the beat down Hammer, Mallet and Granite were dishing out. 

Great Opponent.

Still waiting on my opponent... He hasn't been in since the tournament started, so I guess that's to be expected, just has me wondering how long until we can finally set a game up (or if we'll be able to at all)

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

@byronthebear Is there a reason why you marked 12-9 win? Can't one get more than 12 VPs, as this can eventually affect pairings via VP difference? 

In a tournament you can't get more than 12VPs - from the Regional Cup rules:

Please note the maximum number of VP available for a win in Guild Ball Tournaments is determined by the win condition used for the tournament. Players cannot score more VPs than the win condition. 

11 minutes ago, MechMage said:

TeabagNation Masons 12 vs MechMage Hunters 8

That 2" rule on Theron's forest is killer.

It was a great game on both sides. Lots of hard decisions to make. And we can be sure neither of us will ever forget that rule again!

8 hours ago, Spinsane said:

Still waiting on my opponent... He hasn't been in since the tournament started, so I guess that's to be expected, just has me wondering how long until we can finally set a game up (or if we'll be able to at all)

sorry for the delay. I was stuck with my work. Had PM´d you. 

7 hours ago, blueboyzcaptain said:

Jon/Blueboyzcaptain 12 - Csonti 2

Dice are cruel sometimes.

It wasn't just dice. Very well played, Sir! Good luck with the rest.

Rvianarpg - 12 - Spinsane 0 

great game. We weren´t able to finish it due to Spinsane birthday Celebration (happy birthday !). As two new players the game took much longer than we expected. As I was Winning at the moment he conceds.

I offer to play tomorrow but he, politely declined, due to both of us have compromisses and the time should be short to schedule something. 

Game is saved, and i really want to see this game finished (even out of tourny) anytime soon! 

10 minutes ago, TeabagNation said:

I'm more than a little curious what the "Buchholz" column is for.

Whatever it is, no one is any good at it.