Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

byronthebear

The Sanchex Cup 2!

67 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, TeabagNation said:

I'm more than a little curious what the "Buchholz" column is for.

It's just a tie breaker system in the program. Idk how it works but it won't be a issue.

Buchholz is a very simple tie-breaker: basically, it's a sum of the points of all the opponents the player (team) has played against.

First league game of round 2!

TeabagNation (Masons) 12 - 6 Jon (Engineers)

Very intense game with lots of goal threat back and forth, and linked activations on both sides. Pin Vice and Colossus did lots of work right on the Masons doorstep, using linked activations to prevent a slingshot goal, but a clutch Match Fixing at the end of the 3rd turn secured the victory for Masons as they won initiative going into the 4th and scored the winning goal off a snap shot. The clash of the time wizards is always epic.

What the policy on MIA opponents? The person I'm match up with has been MIA since he signed up for the league and did not play last week's game. Can I play someone else who is missing their opponent?

5 minutes ago, Valorci said:

What the policy on MIA opponents? The person I'm match up with has been MIA since he signed up for the league and did not play last week's game. Can I play someone else who is missing their opponent?

I suggest that you give your opponent a couple of days to respond, if still not reply then i will just simply give you the win. With your opponent in particular if he does not play this week he will just be kicked from the tournament.

Thanks @byronthebear,

If anyone else is missing their opponent, let me know and we can do a scrim this week. I'm just looking to get games played.

37 minutes ago, Valorci said:

If anyone else is missing their opponent, let me know and we can do a scrim this week. I'm just looking to get games played.

I'm not missing my opponent but I'm in need of practice. What side of the great pond are you dwelling?

BTW just a suggestion: putting time zones to the registration data would be a good headstart info for the players who try to arrange games.

And a question for @byronthebear : How should we select terrain for the games? (We went for the built-in setup no. 1 during the first round.)

1 hour ago, Csonti said:

I'm not missing my opponent but I'm in need of practice. What side of the great pond are you dwelling?

BTW just a suggestion: putting time zones to the registration data would be a good headstart info for the players who try to arrange games.

And a question for @byronthebear : How should we select terrain for the games? (We went for the built-in setup no. 1 during the first round.)

Just follow the OP doc rules on terrain. As long as you and the opponent are ok with the terrain then you can play it

1 hour ago, Csonti said:

I'm in the good ole US. East coast GMT -5. I'll message you on Skype to discuss a playtime

3 hours ago, Valorci said:

I'm in the good ole US. East coast GMT -5. I'll message you on Skype to discuss a playtime

If you two are really looking for games you should just go here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/901202099948458/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf

Most of the vassal players are in this group so you can post anytime that you want to play.

Rvianarpg (Alchemists) 0-12 Sid (Brewers)

At 0-6 and Vitriol about to get taken out by Hooper, who was merrily shoving his boot in into her nice tight butt, the Alchemists decided to concede the match (actually, my opponent wasn't feeling well that whole day and that was the real reason for the concession). 

Cheers for the match nevertheless, get better soon and better luck next time.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong then, but you were using the following roster in your first match:

Blackheart, vRage, Coin, A&G, Harry, Minx, Mist, Decimate, Gutter

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong then, but you were using the following roster in your first match:

Blackheart, vRage, Coin, A&G, Harry, Minx, Mist, Decimate, Gutter

That is it.

Jared Morticians 12 vs Tom W. Masons 8

Really enjoyable game where he killed Obulus. Attempted an I'm Open with Brainpan missing the pass lol.  Thanks for the awesome game!

53 minutes ago, HammerTime said:

Jared Morticians 12 vs Tom W. Masons 8

Really enjoyable game where he killed Obulus. Attempted an I'm Open with Brainpan missing the pass lol.  Thanks for the awesome game!

Ditto, Brilliant game and very good opponent.

Obulus being as annoying as ever!

Cheers for the game chap and good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Csonti's Fish 12 vs Jacob's Hunters 9

A long game but I hope Jacob wasn't feeling too bad about it. Excellent opponent, nice plays and kudos for playing Hunters!

MechMage Hunters 12 vs Spinsane Masons 11

It really came down to the wire.  I don't know how many more games like this my heart can take.

1 minute ago, MechMage said:

MechMage Hunters 12 vs Spinsane Masons 11

It really came down to the wire.  I don't know how many more games like this my heart can take.

That was a great game and a real nail biter. 

Were it not for a blatant error I made at the end (forgetting a key Counter Charge from Brick) I had very good chances of winning the match, although to be fair it all happened because of a lucky last round initiative roll...

Sid (Brewers) 12-6 Jon (Engineers)

Thanks for the match. I guess you've seen it yourself, as almost everyone interested has been in the stands during the game. :)