Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
jnkmoua

Question on Siren and Shark Character Plays

Played one game with fish but got destroyed. However, I'm a new(ish) player and was playing against a really good player.. and I rarely rolled above a 3. It was just one of those games. :(

Not sure if this has been answered already but as I'm trying to learn to use them better, I'm trying to understand what the character play text means when it says "The target enemy model is a friendly model during this action." This text is seen on Siren's Lure and Seduced and also for Shark's Tidal Surge. My assumption is that "this action" is referring to the character play. If so, does this mean that you do not have to roll against the model for the character play? If not, then why does it matter if that enemy target model is friendly or not? Would like some help on understanding this. Thanks!

It matters because when you use the character plays you take control of the opponents model. For example with Sirens seduced you can force an opponents model to hit a friendly model against his will. If the opponent had control of that model during the action he would be free to carry out the action how he wanted. I hope that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Selfy said:

It matters because when you use the character plays you take control of the opponents model. For example with Sirens seduced you can force an opponents model to hit a friendly model against his will. If the opponent had control of that model during the action he would be free to carry out the action how he wanted. I hope that makes sense.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you!

It mainly comes into play for some common since things as well as a few technical issues.

Siren's Seduced - You cannot target an enemy model with a pass. So temporarily converting the target model to friendly allows you to use that model to make a pass to another friendly fish. Same thing with attacking. Attacking a friendly model is not legal, so the target of seduced is temporarily friendly to the fish team in order to make attacks against his original team. For Lure if the language were not present you could effectively get a ton of free parting blows against a target. That would be a little OP.

Shark's Tidal Surge - You don't typically "dodge" an enemy model. You push them. Pushing requires movement be in a single straight line were as dodging does not. I imagine this is the primary reason for the language. It also may have something to do with hedging against folks getting confused about tidal surging an enemy off the table (not legal)