Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Napoleon

how much do you allocate to obulus?

Wondering what the usual t2 onwards looks like for the ferryman. I tend to give him 7 way too often which is choking my other players a bit too often (as usually i am running only 1 battery, like graves1 who might only need 1 inf) 

T1 is a very simple straight 7 due to his great ability to manipulate the field 

Somewhere between 2 and 7, depending on board state. 

If I load him up, he needs to score or finsih 2 players off, otherwise I'm better off spreading the love. 

5-7. Usually 5 in the first round because there isn't a ton he can do, but then 6-7 after that to let him PM people or score or whatever Obby thing he can do.

I'm typically giving him 5 until I hit a turn where he needs to deliver. If I see an opportunity and need for ~20 damage then I give him 7 and tool him up. If I see the opportunity to score and need puppet master I give him 7.

As much as he needs, or as much as I can spare depending on the board. 

It's hard to answer with a solid number, but if I had to pick one it would be 7, simply because if my captain can't get stuff in a turn I'm not normally on the winning side of things at that point. 

I would say that Obulus (being the Captain) is never an afterthought when it comes to influence allocation.
I think it depends on what you want him to get done, and it ALWAYS depends on game-state, but there isn't a set amount.

That being said, I usually give him at least 5.
He should be seriously involved in the game and causing problems for your opponent.

see this is where I vary. There are turns where his biggest asset is the 5 inf and the threat of rigor mortis. Those turns he gets 1-2. Meanwhile ghast gets 3, Graves gets 4, Vileswarm gets him 1 and the team does the work. 

17 minutes ago, Mattyg2787 said:

see this is where I vary. There are turns where his biggest asset is the 5 inf and the threat of rigor mortis. Those turns he gets 1-2. Meanwhile ghast gets 3, Graves gets 4, Vileswarm gets him 1 and the team does the work. 

I have these turns as well. They are just few and far between.

Then again, I'm still figuring out Obulus, so i use him a ton.

3 minutes ago, iaipunk said:

I have these turns as well. They are just few and far between.

Then again, I'm still figuring out Obulus, so i use him a ton.

yeah its much harder to figure out the turns where obulus gets little rather than a lot, especially since it takes the ever present fear of puppet master out of your opponents mind for a round

53 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

yeah its much harder to figure out the turns where obulus gets little rather than a lot, especially since it takes the ever present fear of puppet master out of your opponents mind for a round

That just comes with practice

I usually do five to seven so that Puppet Master plus other actions or plays are always an option. He has a lot of great options and I find that I usually don't feel like I wasted the Influence on him.

I give Obulus a minimum of 4. Less than that and my opponents knows that puppet master is off the table for the turn and can massively change how they play. If it isn't needed then he can easily crank out 4 momentous dodges.

In Seasons 1-2 I was too guilty of giving him 7-8 INF and expecting too much from him. He can be impressive, but commonly at the expense of other team members.

I'm actually glad that his maximum allocation has come down as it's a trigger to allocate him less, and gain more from the rest of the team.

TL:DR - Between 4-6 INF, most commonly 5.

If there is no obvious use for him I give him 4 anyway. Usually there is a use for him, but sometimes you can get more work out of your other players, even then he needs 4! Puppet Master mind games are so powerful and it is important o have that threat on the table every turn, in my opinion.

He always gets 5 now, almost no matter what. If I want to close in the game, he gets seven for more pressure.