Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Mako

Easter Mascot Painting Challenge!

35 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, Beto said:

Uploading mine!!!

Mate! That mainspring is amazing. Really crisp grain on the wood, nmm and osl as well? I may as well remove my entry now...

4 minutes ago, DauntlessPanda said:

Mate! That mainspring is amazing. Really crisp grain on the wood, nmm and osl as well? I may as well remove my entry now...

Better ask how I did it, and I kindly ask your doubts about the process.

You NEVER have to be embarrased of your work

No doubts about the work, having attempted NMM before I reckon your eyesight is super human to do it on mainspring. You must have the patience of a saint to pick out each bit of grain on the wooden parts. Can I pick your brain about painting NMM? How do you go about the process as I find it difficult to work out where to place the highlights.

In my experience, painters tend to be crazy as well as patient :D

You have to be really, how else would you find yourself sitting there carefully highlighting each individual rivet and panel on something smaller than your thumb...

I'm really happy to see all the entries we've got so far, only a few days to go before it closes and we face the nightmare task of judging!

Ok, a little bit of info on what happens now:

The judges look at every entry carefully, argue amongst ourselves a lot, and generally struggle to pick winners from an impressive batch.

By the time I go to Salute in London next weekend, we'll have picked winners - I'll announce them in the finished entries thread and send the winners PMs about it.

Everyone gets kudos from me for finishing stuff and entering it (I got caught up doing other things and DNF'd :P ), and the winners will get little prizes as mentioned above.

For those that missed out, worry not - there'll be other contests in future. Maybe for captains, or large bases, or even something crazy like a mini-diorama!

For those curious, we had 27 entries that covered 13 different mascots. A pretty good spread in my book :)