Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steamforged

A Cut Above the Rest: A New Union Captain Arrives!

96 posts in this topic

Union_Captain.jpg

After much speculation, we are excited to announce today that the newest Union Captain is none other than… Brisket! She is the first Guild Ball model to have a third version of her rules, and not only did Brisket switch from playing for the Butchers to playing for the Union, but she also became a team Captain, thanks to the outcome of the Butcher’s Civil War, a community campaign we ran earlier this year. 

(If you want to know all the juicy details behind Brisket’s story, you should talk to your local game store about pre-ordering Guild Ball Season 3. The book releases April 21 and will reveal how Brisket came to be aligned with the Solthecian church, how Ox returned to a spot on the Butchers team roster, and much more!)

Check out our Blog at 16:00GMT today for an in-depth look at Brisket's new abilities. http://steamforged.com/blog/

Lets see if Union-Brisket VS (Vet-)Brisket will look like on the field :-D

Would be quite strange if a certain choice of captian denies two Players for the Opponent Team

Yes. This is what dedicated Butchers players wanted as a reward for voting for Brisket in the civil war: a Captain for a completely different Guild. I submit the whole civil war event had a hugely lame ending and outcome (though I do love Vet Ox)

Lord Antoine and micho like this

Doc Brisket (she's been promoted from veterinarian to real doctor)

[with apologies to the fine hard-working vets out there]

Lord Antoine likes this

26 minutes ago, foolwiththefez said:

Yes. This is what dedicated Butchers players wanted as a reward for voting for Brisket in the civil war: a Captain for a completely different Guild. I submit the whole civil war event had a hugely lame ending and outcome (though I do love Vet Ox)

Yeah its a shame she lost

foolwiththefez likes this

Love it from a story point of view. Mechanically, I guess she could have a different name, and then an "Old Name [Brisket]" trait so you couldn't play her with herself in the homelands cup or big league - That's how I'd do it anyway.

1 hour ago, foolwiththefez said:

I mean, it was an event for the whole community.

TehMik and Skinnydookie like this

All I can say is I'm glad i didn't pick a grey color scheme for my Butchers =p

Glad we can all move on to more conspiracy theories now... like are the next two Solecethian models resurrected Snakeskin and Ghast?

Re the story aspects, and why I think it's brilliant:

The Butchers Civil War was not a complete story in itself, it was snippets from everything else that is going on in the S3 story. This is how teasers like this should work. It had a conclusion, of sorts, but it left us hanging a bit, deliberately, so that we will want to read the rest of the fluff to fill out the whole picture.

What was the outcome of Brisket's meeting with the other players from the other guilds? What sort of support did she get? How did that impact on the internal politics of those guilds?

So much more to know.

We know Ox was imprisoned by the Solthecian Church, we know (now) that the Solthecian church is getting involved with the union, we also know that Brisket had a meeting with Rage where Rage implied he knew what happened to Ox. We know from S1 that Boar knows something about what happened to him, too. How does Brisket find out about Ox? How does she become the Union captain (cos that's a dead man's shoes job IIRC)? How does she get tied up with the Church - willingly, a reluctant deal, or forcibly converted?

So many questions. I can't wait for the S3 fluff!

Ben

8 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

How does she become the Union captain (cos that's a dead man's shoes job IIRC)?

If they kill off Rage I'm going to lose my shit

Mattias likes this

1 hour ago, Maurice said:

I mean, it was an event for the whole community.

That is a very good point and I hadn't considered it. It makes some sense. The whole community supported Brisket and now a wider swath of the community has access to her.  That does make me less salty

Supershot, unpredictable movement, and I tell you she's going to get Football dervish. 

Make a goal with her, you will generate 1 additional Influence, quicktime, and her legendary will let you generate 1 more momentum from a successfull pass than normally. My predictions. Eventually it will let her generate 2 additional VP from a goal.

1 hour ago, MetacarpiUG said:

If they kill off Rage I'm going to lose my shit

Brisket as skipper, Solthecian sentinels taking over the roster... one of whom is perched on the crumbling remains of the Union symbol... it all doesn't bode well for the existing regime, and I doubt the Union would just simply concede their positions without a fight.

Just now, SCArmoury said:

Brisket as skipper, Solthecian sentinels taking over the roster... one of whom is perched on the crumbling remains of the Union symbol... it all doesn't bode well for the existing regime, and I doubt the Union would just simply concede their positions without a fight.

Excuse me, I'm just going to be over here with my fingers in my ears singing to myself.

SCArmoury likes this