Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Calum Todd

First Light of Solthecius - 2 new union players

130 posts in this topic

So these guys popped up on Twitter today. Not sure if they're allowed to be shown yet - please delete if not. 

They look really cool and will presumably work with Mist's new trait.

Makes me wonder what the second new guild will be if it's not going to be the Solthecian church guys. :huh:

Well i guess these are the two that are on the cover with the new captain, interesting if the union becomes run by the solthecian faith, does this mean a second other non farmers team as well!!! you have got me excited

Calum Todd likes this

Not sure what that leaves the Union to be. I mean, they were pirates and outcasts, and now nuw church cult boys and girls? On the other hand, the fluff killed away like what, half the Union? Guess they need new players. :D 

They look awesome, though there appearance doesn't really tell what they are there for. Can't await to lay my hands on them.

1 minute ago, Cole said:

Not sure what that leaves the Union to be. I mean, they were pirates and outcasts, and now nuw church cult boys and girls? On the other hand, the fluff killed away like what, half the Union? Guess they need new players. :D 

They look awesome, though there appearance doesn't really tell what they are there for. Can't await to lay my hands on them.

Tinfoil hat theory: It's Snakeskin and Blackheart back from the dead to reclaim the Union from the usurper, and unwittingly/purposefully do the Church's bidding at the same time. (They have agents everywhere now!)

Well one of them has Minx's pose.No idea of that is intentional.

I wonder if they will have a rule like 'Solthesian: Will only work for Captain with trait [Solthesian]'. I mean Rage could do terrible things with Ninja monks with swords, so I sort of feel the Union might be being split between the two camps. I'm not sure I like that as it would mean some weird limitations. I sort of thought Solthesians would be released as their own Guild.

So the 'Solthecian' models we now know are:

Union Captain, Mist and these two.

Wonder what the others are, if any?

9 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

So the 'Solthecian' models we now know are:

Union Captain, Mist and these two.

Wonder what the others are, if any?

Isn't it heavily suggested vetOx and vetSpigot are members too?

16 minutes ago, Mattias said:

Not said on their cards. I guess it will be said in the cards of those two. I also like the destroyed Union Symbol. 

Edit: Looking at pose and clothing, I am pretty sure the left one is vetMinx. Though I have no idea about the bloke. Would have been interesting if it wer vetHearn, though we already get him. Also he's way bigger. He could be new, but I can't tell if is an existings models veteran Version or a new one. I guess a new one though.

17 minutes ago, Mattias said:

Spigot is a follower of Solthecius (as many people are) but there is nothing on his card to indicate he is a Union Solthecian player.

Ox was a prisoner but we don't know his current view (although it looks more like he escaped rather than was freed).

It’s a new dawn for The Union thanks to the divine talents of Grace and Benediction. A bottomless well of healing, the Living Saint, Grace, gives self-sustained support to her teammates near and far. Meanwhile, Benediction stands as a devoted guardian, poised to beat back opposing players. Together, the players make their teams as resilient and unwavering as their faith. Whether you find their presence to be a blessing or a curse will depend on your side of the pitch.

The First Light of Solethecius includes one metal model (assembly required) and stat card for each of the following:

Grace — Player (30mm)
Benediction — Player (40mm)

Still metal? I thought they said they would switch to plastic after April.

24 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

It’s a new dawn for The Union thanks to the divine talents of Grace and Benediction. A bottomless well of healing, the Living Saint, Grace, gives self-sustained support to her teammates near and far. Meanwhile, Benediction stands as a devoted guardian, poised to beat back opposing players. Together, the players make their teams as resilient and unwavering as their faith. Whether you find their presence to be a blessing or a curse will depend on your side of the pitch.

The First Light of Solethecius includes one metal model (assembly required) and stat card for each of the following:

Grace — Player (30mm)
Benediction — Player (40mm)

Includes one model?

My take is the Solthecians will have a card similar to the other guilds whuich states which models are members of the Church and may be taken; same as each Guild has a list of Union models that they may take. Saves having to amend player cards if they find/lose religion.

As they are Union I guess they can take other Union models unless otherwise stated. As mentioned above, I think these two players will only play for a Captain with Solthecian on their card, or potentially have a trait which grants +1/+0 inf when when whithin 6" of Captain [Solthecian].

polluxx66 and RedSam like this

1 hour ago, Csonti said:

Still metal? I thought they said they would switch to plastic after April.

Believe Starter sets were plastic and additional models, as these, wil be metal. That's what I heard.

55 minutes ago, WhiteYin said:

Believe Starter sets were plastic and additional models, as these, wil be metal. That's what I heard.

Generally, single model blisters (including these guys, since they're a bit of an aberration) will be metal, while starter sets and larger packs will be plastic. The new Hunters box is metal, but far as I know we had to make the call there to get them out in April in metal, or much later in the year in plastic. The decision was to go with metal cause it didn't seem fair leaving the Hunters with only a single captain for longer than we had to. Also, it keeps them consistent with the rest of the Hunters being metal. 

We're still in the process of ramping up to plastic production. I believe the Farmer's starter box will be the first product we release in plastic (except for Kick Off!, obviously). 

I don't think either VOx or VSpigs (or Bonesaw, another character brought up a lot in these discussions) will be playable with the Solthecians unless something happens in the fluff for s3;

- VSpigs is keeping his faith (and sobriety) a secret.
- VOx doesn't seem too hot on his captors if you ask me.
- Bonesaw is explicitly a former priest of the Solthecian order.

As for Grace and Benny here, are these the first Union-only player (as opposed to captain or mascot) models?

Cool models.  Quite excited for this.  Love the Court of Owls look and this pseudo-team is shaping up to be something I'd want to buy into anyway.  Much like the new hunter stuff though I'm not sure what I think of the feeling that they should have a separate color scheme.  Hopefully there will be a new mascot to go along with it, as the current pair doesn't seem quite right overall.

22 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Hopefully there will be a new mascot to go along with it, as the current pair doesn't seem quite right overall.

Perhaps Princess sneaks out to attend services when nobody is looking.

VTDistiller and OctaBit like this