Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Napoleon

What is Corsair's weaknesses?

26 posts in this topic

Wondering about what others think corsair is weak to. because ive been having a great time fielding him but im curious to what he actually loses to and should avoid

He doesn't like people who are happy to fight him and kill him quickly. He's great at keeping people engaged but doesn't like it much if people just beat him to death. 

Corsair also has a bad time against very mobile teams - if he tries to harpoon and pin down someone like Smoke, she's just going to leave again with ease before he gets to actually put much damage out, unless you time things just right. 

I haven't tried it yet, but in theory I would assume that both a Tapper brawler team or a Butcher team should be able to punch a big hole through the old pirate.

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wondering about what others think corsair is weak to. because ive been having a great time fielding him but im curious to what he actually loses to and should avoid

I find that Corsair is weak against anything that can do huge damage because he doesn't have a legit counter attack.  Vet Rage and Fillet come to mind with possibly Tapper being included as well.  

Yeah, corsair is all about engaging with models and keeping them there. That really plays to the strength of fighting teams who want to be engaged anyways. Though he's not the easiest kill, killy teams won't break too much of a sweat in taking him out

I don't find butchers a problem, in fact they're so fragile I find I can out fight them most of them time; due to reach and drag he can easily pick on and beat down most of their players 1 on 1 and add a bit of crowding via other 2" melee and they struggle to get through his tough hide quickly enough.

I have real problems with other models with tough hide, as his damage output drops off massively, especially from wraps.

Sturdy is also rather rather frustrating as having to spend 2 to kd also severely limits what he can spend on attacks (although I don't play kraken or others with low knockdown so that may influence my opinion).

He really doesn't like being knocked down. Once you get past sturdy he tends to melt like butter to anyone with reasonable damage buffs. 

I find Corsair probably the hardest player to play against, I really don't feel like anyone causes me as much headache as he does. 

Something like Corsair, Salt, A&G, Kraken, Siren and anyone else. It always makes for a incredibly hard game, as hard as it is you have to try and avoid the middle of the table scrum and score fast or attempt to kill the fleshy parts of the team. 

I just started the game and created a fishermen team.  But now that I've started playing with them, if I'm not trying to score all of the time they are just way too easy to kill.  Corsair really doesn't seem to do to much for defensive sets because he's kind of a fluffy big guy.  Just what I've found while playing him, I've been leaving him out of my lineup lately.  Good looking figure though.

7 minutes ago, Slowride said:

I just started the game and created a fishermen team.  But now that I've started playing with them, if I'm not trying to score all of the time they are just way too easy to kill.  Corsair really doesn't seem to do to much for defensive sets because he's kind of a fluffy big guy.  Just what I've found while playing him, I've been leaving him out of my lineup lately.  Good looking figure though.

Hmm... that just doesn't sound like Corsair at all...

What's your lineup look like and who've you been playing him into? I imagine Butcher's would have no trouble chewing through him and company, but Sturdy and Tough Hide give a lot of hiccups to all but the most determined damage dealers, (your Fillets and Hammers)

The main problem I've had with him is if he's taken out, he takes ages to get back in the game. Whereas shark can muck in as soon as he makes an appearance.

12 hours ago, greysquigg said:

The main problem I've had with him is if he's taken out, he takes ages to get back in the game. Whereas shark can muck in as soon as he makes an appearance.

This is true, but he has sturdy, tough hide, and is likely surrounded by friends with reach for crowding, so he's a whole lot more difficult to take out than old Sharky who's more often than not sat by himself somewhere near your opponent's goal.

I must have played Corsair in well over 100 games and can count the number of times I've lost him on one hand.

On 25/02/2017 at 6:51 PM, levay said:

I haven't tried it yet, but in theory I would assume that both a Tapper brawler team or a Butcher team should be able to punch a big hole through the old pirate.

I put holes through him with both Tapper and Hammer in S2, but it largely comes down to good dice rolls and since vSiren got behind him it's a lot more work.. 

10 minutes ago, Khoregard said:

I have had exactly zero luck in using him so far. its getting to the point where i'm pretty sure hes useless.

Depends on the team. Aside from the hateful 8, he's having a good time most of the time. Though if your Meta evolves around each others players, your usual playstyle can get toppled.

Losses against union under seaBrisket, Blackheart, morticians under Scalpel, Obulus, Alchemists under Midas and Smoke, and brewers under Esters.