Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Applesauce

Masons Nine

I'm for sure including:

Honour 

Marbles 

Wrecker 

Brick 

Flint 

OHarmony

Mallet

Now my question is two which of the following 3 should I also take? 

Granite 

Tower 

Minx

Looking forward to seeing what you guys think.

If Honour is going to be your only Captain, I feel that Wrecker doesn't need to be in there. I would drop Wrecker and take all 3. 

If Wrecker MUST be in there, I feel Tower and Minx are probably the most solid choices. Granite isn't bad, but there are some a good portion of match-ups that would make her a liability or a non-factor, IMHO.

I'm thinking of including Wrecker for when the match-up is more ball oriented from my side than beat focused, when you would use Marbles.

Personally I'm looking at:

Hammer
Wrecker
Mallet
Tower
Flint
Brick
Chisel (looking at a lot of fishermen)
Avarisse & Greede
vHarmony (not sure here, could be Marbles for 2x  CG option, or Granite but don't know where to use her yet)

I have nothing against Honour, haven't gotten around to playing her. Its so much more comfortable fitting players with 1 captain rosters. And I am a Hammer fanboy.

I took exactly those 6 initial lineup to a tournament and did well in it. I'm appreciating Wrecker more and more now with honour. 

For the last 3,i definitely recommend Tower, and Minx. Then the last you can choose between Chisel or Granite. 

I've been running 

Hammer

Wrecker

Flint

Mallet

Chisel

vHarmony

Granite

Tower

Minx

I have been able to win with 2 & 2 and 3 goals. 

Posted this yesterday somewhere else (Reddit, not that it Guild ball has a very strong presence there)...so here it is again :) 

I took this 9 on Saturday to a tourney, went 4 wins 1 loss, the loss was 12-10 so some pretty good matches.

Honour

Marbles - I only took one mascot as I love double counter charge, which can really control the board, plus potential for assists from Honour. Plus loved creature, as a global +1 TAC buff isn't to be sniffed at.

Mallet - I don't take him to every game nowadays, but he is good against non reach teams, or teams with 2" melee and unpredictable movement.

Harmony - I almost always take her. Linked is a hell of an ability, really helps set up 6vp activations, plus it allows you to engineer take outs that often your opponent can do literally nothing about.

Brick - I love counter charge. It very, very rarely comes off against a good opponent, but it forces them to work around it, and it means if you lose the initiative you may not lose a key player before they can do something as they have to deal with Brick first.

Chisel - rarely taken, I had her in my 9 for a shark / fisherman matchup for her reach, dodges and speed. She is ok at fighting on the wings if you pick your fights.

Veteran Harmony - taken purely for the alchemist matchup. I played against smoke in game 3 and smelling salts plus the ability to take damage from other team members gave my team enough resilience to grind out the game and win on takeouts. The loss of linked isn't great at all, but she allows you to weather the storm of conditions which Masons generally hate.

Flint - the best striker in the game imho. He can score a first turn goal pretty easily (if you kick OR receive, thanks to superior strategy). You will ALWAYS remember the goals he misses :)

Tower - he has tooled up, which is very useful, especially against tough hide teams as masons tend to do takeouts by doing many small (2 damage) attacks. Also he can generate momentum on any hit, has a handy aura, and against a 1" melee model his counter attack (effectively a 2" push on one hit) is very strong.

My most common 6 is:

Honour

Marbles

Harmony

Brick

Flint

Tower

I talk more about masons on the recent episode of the Hall of Legends podcast, and on my podcast (Singled Out) pretty much all the time until I am told to stop talking, the most recent episode was recorded before, during and after this tournament.

Oddman, LunarSol and Lord Antoine like this