Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

angelforge

Bushel's I'm Open

Hello,

Bushel was leaked a while back at Steamcon and has a character play called I'm Open.

2 cost / 6" range / OPT

Target friendly model in possession of the ball-marker immediately makes a Pass, which targets this model, without spending Influence.

Does the Target Friendly Model actually have to be able to make the friendly pass, in order to be targeted by the play?  Suppose Bushel was friendly with Princess (1/4" kick) who was holding the ball, and over 4" away - is she a legal target for I'm Open, and if so how does that resolve?

Hoping it auto-scatters so you can let fate decide if Bushel will get the ball, but I could see you not being able to make the play at all.

Thank you.

I'm Open

Target friendly model immediately makes a pass which targets this model without spending inf

The ability specifies that the pass must target Bushel. So no you cannot scatter it to her.

I'm pretty sure nothing happens, in the same way as if you tried to Red Fury a model with nothing in its engagement zone. If you can't do the action the Play tells you to do, you don't do anything.

Whether you can actually target the model and spend 2INF for no effect is a matter for the Lawyer's Guild, but I don't think you can, since you can't Rough Seas a model that doesn't have the ball (from previous rulings).

On 17/02/2017 at 4:49 PM, Gauntlet said:

I'm pretty sure nothing happens, in the same way as if you tried to Red Fury a model with nothing in its engagement zone. If you can't do the action the Play tells you to do, you don't do anything.

Whether you can actually target the model and spend 2INF for no effect is a matter for the Lawyer's Guild, but I don't think you can, since you can't Rough Seas a model that doesn't have the ball (from previous rulings).

This is correct. If the friendly model with the ball cannot target Bushel with a Pass (i.e. has too short a KICK range), nothing happens.