Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Sign in to follow this  
ADG

Solthecian team members?

Union Captain (Brisket) is being released March 24 and might double up as a Solthecian team captain (or might not!) ...

If you wanted to try putting together a Solthecian team ready to play with the new captain, which players do you think you'd need?

I guess Veteran Spigot is definitely on the team, and so is Mist. But who else? And who is the Solthecian mascot?

I'm personally not sure vSpigs would be, since he's keeping his faith a secret from the other Brewers. Maybe farther down the line storywise? I mean, unless something happens during s3 to "out" him I guess.

Mist I'd the obvious one as he get a buff from friendly Solthecian players.. 

My other guesses are:

vSpigot (the mini has the Solthecian iconography on it) 

vOx (because Brisket and he looks like the D3 monk)

Bonesaw (someone mentioned him being a Solthecian follower) 

Which basically leaves the mascot.. 

See, all of the characters that have connections to the Solthecians in-game, beside Mist, have reasons not to play for a Solthecian "meta-team":

vSpigot is keeping his newfound faith (and sobriety) a secret.

vOx was held as a prisoner by them against his will.

Bonesaw is explicitly a former Solthecian priest.

For vSpigs and vOx, there could be story events that explain why they would work with the Solthecians - events in s3 out Spigs, or whatever deal resulted in his release also meant Ox converted or is at least willing to work with the Church. We know that vSpigs doesn't have Solthecian anywhere on his s3 card, though.

I guess they could do like the Union, and have a card with pictures of whatever models can play together, reverse-Union style. Hrm.

Hmm, the reverse Union idea now has me wondering, what if every Guild has one (and only one) Solthecian member that could play for Brisket3 Union Captain?

- Alchemist's : Crucible maybe?

- Brewer's : Spigot2

- Butcher's : Ox2 (or does UC take the Butcher's slot in that team?)

etc...

The Solthecians don't like mechanica, so if they get any engineers players it probably can't be one of Pin Vice's robots ... maybe Salvo could sign up for a Solthecian team because he's upset at Pin Vice reconfiguring Velocity?

Since Mist is Solthecian, maybe Siren could be too, since their story is connected somehow? So Siren from the fishermen? Or if Veteran Ox is on the team, how about Jac so that he can team up with his brother?

18 hours ago, Siberys said:

vSpigot is keeping his newfound faith (and sobriety) a secret..

And he's doing a great job of it by kicking over a box of booze while wearing their emblem right out in the open.. J/K

5 hours ago, Redmaw said:

And he's doing a great job of it by kicking over a box of booze while wearing their emblem right out in the open.. J/K

It was put on the miniature but In the Fluff, he keeps It hidden. At one of the seminars at Steamcon, Sherwin (Writter) said It will be an Issue for him when the Brewers find out that they have member that doesn't drink.

IIRC Hemlock was listed as a follower if the religion in the S1 background data although I don't think it ever ended up on her card.

Yeah, Hemlocke doesn't have anything to do with the Solthecians. Probably more closely related to the Sea God that Grayscales follows, but I'm not certain on that.

The differing religions probably means no Hunters players for a Solthecian team ...

ps. Sherwin was talking about "sjinto" as a new Guild Ball religion in a recent Singled Out podcast ... could this hint at a new Japan-inspired Guild or characters?