Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bornabairn

Puppet master and teamwork plays

52 posts in this topic

Given the ruling, here's a specific list of what can be used when.

Can the appropriate model...

Give 'n' Go?
No.

Pass 'n' Move?
Yes.

Snap Shot?
- If the target of the kick was the currently activating model, No. (Snap shots must be outside of activation.)
- If the target of the kick was not the currently activating model, Yes.

---

I still think there should be a simpler metric for determining if a model is friendly during a triggered action, but it's been ruled. As is it's "If the model that triggered an action would take the triggered action, they are not friendly for the triggered action. Otherwise they are." Which is... strange, IMO. Ah well.

I would like to know if there's any particular reasoning for why counterattacks resolve against PM/Sd models; if I hadn't already known they do from previous rulings, this ruling would make me think that they were not legal. Specifically, by the time the Counterattack starts resolving, the PM/Sd target should be friendly to the counterattacker again (since counterattacks happen in step 4 of the sequence, which is "after the attack is resolved") and the attack should therefore be illegal (since you can't attack friendly models).

EDIT: Is it because you can't declare attacks against friendly models (p 32, Attack Sequence 1), but the counterattack only cares about the origin model (p 43, Counter-Attack)? I guess that makes sense, then, if there's no prohibition on resolving an attack against an ally, but rather just on declaring an attack against them.