Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RandomScrub

Double Dodge Episode 10 - Audentes Fortuna Luvat

Double Dodge Episode 10 is live!

http://www.doubledodge.com.au

We are also on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/double-dodge-guild-ball-podcast/id1140110129

In this episode we speak with Inaugural Guild Ball World Champion, Tim Wischniowski, about Worlds, Steamcon and the capricious winds of luck. Our good friend and Pundit, Tim ‘Gonzo’ Wyatt also joins us and relates his non-stop, no-sleep Steamcon experience. We talk madness, drunkenness, huge plays and questionable life choices as we explore how Fortune favours fools. Double Digits! Double Tims! Double Dodge!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, please keep them coming either here on the forums or on Twitter via @dubdodgecast @stubbyholders and @scrub_random

Double Dodge is sponsored by Nerdvana Games SA https://nerdvanagamessa.com/ and Soupcan http://www.soupcan.com.au

TimW, Sidious Mike, Timmaay and 5 others like this

Great episode! Agree about Tim's humility. Honestly he deserves a bit of bragging, wouldn't you say? :)

Good to hear from y'all and Tim and Tim about Season 3. Looking forward to following everyone's progress across the guilds. 

RandomScrub and Timmaay like this

He does not need to brag, he loves it, had fun and everyone saw the game. I think there were a few moments in a few games that could have tipped things to the opponent but fortune smiled on him.

I was lucky, like i said, i thought it would be a coin flip,  because I totally didnt thought about the Counterattack.

And to be honest i had 3 good games and had the impression that it was a high skill environment and would have been totally okay with losing one or more of the games.  

I didn't intended to sound bragging,  i just wanted to explain that I actually though a bit before doing stupid/risky stuff. Even if I actually fucked up doing what I planned or fail math.

5 hours ago, Stubbyholders said:

Dave loves to hear about my Mist charge on obby needing 6, 4+ dice and i got 7 for a match winning position..... it can just happen.

Choo Choo MF

I don't like to hear about it. I am still sad about it. Bloody magic dice ...

Fitz and Slothrop like this

Hope you guys do a more in dept overview of S3. I really like SFW's review, but it's nice to get a different angle as well. 

Tim, you weren't bragging at all, that's my point! Stellar player and stellar guy. Hope to hear from you often in regards to Guild Ball :D

Fitz likes this

I'm gonna guess it was "well you lost, and didn't bring booze so you proved that it improves game play"

2 hours ago, Fitz said:

I'm gonna guess it was "well you lost, and didn't bring booze so you proved that it improves game play"

It was, "would it have made you play any faster?"

Silversmith likes this

On 12/6/2016 at 7:57 PM, sious_69 said:

Shit effort, no discussion about the real awards on the weekend, the painting awards

You get to crap on about yourself in the next one scrub!